Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What should I wear on 1st day of uni??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
help me!! im freaking out!! i dont know whether to dress smart (black trews, black shirt, etc), or casual (jeans and a top), or casual-smart (black trews and a top). any ideas?

what do you all wear to uni? cos i dont wanna turn up all dressed smartly n stuff when every1 else is in jeans, or vice-versa.

Comments

• Options
    just wear what you'd normally wear. you really don't have to be smart ;) I promise!
  • Options
    Are you one of those people who plans ahead too?

My god, I used to have outfits planned about 3 months before...not that bad anymore!

I'm going to be casual, wear what I usually wear, although something nice because as stupid it is people judge you by what you wear and first impressions. But meh, if people don't like me just because they don't like my clothes, they can go dip their shallow head into a vat of hot oil. :D
  • Options
    Don't worry about it! Just wear casual clothes - there are plenty of bigger things to worry about before you go to uni! Damn, looks like my positive thinking course didn't work...
  • Options
    wear something brown and flowery.
  • Options
    LMAO :lol:
  • Options
    bah. two weeks of "what's your name, where you from, what halls you in, what course you on, what a-levels did you get..."

for the first term everyone's trying to be someone. Why don't you stand out from the crowd by not giving a sh1t?

and i wear baggy jeans/combats and hoodies most of the time.
  • Options
    I haven't really thought about what I'm going to wear... but I've just been shopping with my Mummy's credit card, hehe :D ...so I've got lots of lovely new clothes for the autumn. I probably won't just wear jeans, but I'm not going to bother dressing up smartly - I don't think most people will.

:)
  • Options
    Wear the shoes, trews and top that you love and feel the most comfortable in - it's who you are and the best way to show this to other people.

I'm planning on wearing jeans, a white t-shirt and my HUGE but SO COOL! grey jumper. Or black jeans and a blue-and white stripped shirt. But I dunno.
  • Options
    Originally posted by n00b1e

That's all i have to wear!
  • Options
    On my first day back at upper sixth, I'll be wearing a corset, a skirt and platform knee-highs, just to piss of our head... she hates "non-academics" and people who don't follow the rules..
    She hates me cause I won't take any proper A-Levels.. So I took all the piss easy interesting ones like Philosophy and Ethics ;)

Just be yourself :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by n00b1e
    bah. two weeks of "what's your name, where you from, what halls you in, what course you on, what a-levels did you get..."

for the first term everyone's trying to be someone. Why don't you stand out from the crowd by not giving a sh1t?

:lol::lol::lol:
    That is so funny...I remember those days. The saddest part was the 'what course you on' you try making Library and Information studies sound cool!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    On my first day back at upper sixth, I'll be wearing a corset, a skirt and platform knee-highs, just to piss of our head... she hates "non-academics" and people who don't follow the rules..
    She hates me cause I won't take any proper A-Levels.. So I took all the piss easy interesting ones like Philosophy and Ethics ;)

Just be yourself :)

Ilora x

heh, you go girl!! :D (outfit sounds very sexxeh btw ;) )
  • Options
    Wear what you like. This will be one of the only times in your life when people will be too busy to make first impressions based on your appearance.

Having said that, don't wear anything stupid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    heh, you go girl!! :D (outfit sounds very sexxeh btw ;) )
    Why thankyou ;) It's one of my fave outfits :D