Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going to Uni (AGAIN!)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm thinking of going back to uni but I'm not sure. I went last year but I made a mistake by going to a uni so far away. I vowed I'd never go back but I've seen a uni on the telly that I'm thinking of going to, you've probably seen it (Edge Hill).

I don't know what to do. Do I have to apply through UCAS? I need to get a loan sorted, am I too late for that? Help!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Going to Uni (AGAIN!)
    Originally posted by Macca1983
    I don't know what to do. Do I have to apply through UCAS? I need to get a loan sorted, am I too late for that? Help!

To get into any University you have to go through UCAS don't you? To make it fair etc etc.

When are you wanting to start the course? You'll still have plenty of time to sort out your finances again by next september, and i think you can get the application forms from sept. 1st ish to apply to start in 2004.
  • Options
    Edge Hill is pretty good mate and certainly close to home for ya. What about the manchester uni's as well?

I think for this year you are too late. Everything has to be done through UCAS and don't think the clearing scheme is available. Certainly you wouldn't get ya loan on time.

As for next year there'd be absolutely no toruble. Just reaply in the same way as you did first time round. Just it's so much nicer knowing as soon as you get ya offers back if you've been accepted or not. I'm on my 3rd attempt this time. Swear I'm going to make it through though.
  • Options
    i decided i wanted to go to uni in the middle of september. 2 weeks later, i was on the course.

i can't even remember what i did. i know i had to fill out a UCAS form though...

ring up the uni and see what they say...
  • Options
    Yeah I might apply next year then, I've found some jobs I want to apply for. I'll see how I do there before I decide, thanks people