Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oxycontin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Jack Osbourne's drug of choice apparently. According to the MTV interview with him, about his drug and alcohol abuse, a friend of his overdosed less than a year before he started using the stuff. Anyways, anyone taken it? know where i can get some :naughty: etc etc ;) hehehe
Only kidding people, not planning on topping myself off... yet! Just want any experiences, if anyone has had any.

Comments

• Options
    I'd quite like to get my hands on some actualy, its supposed to be really good.
    Basicaly its a really strong synthetic opiate given to people in A LOT of paid, normaly terminal. The pills are crushed and then snorted, or just taken oraly.

It obviously is preaty dam dangerous though, what with being significantly stronger than heroin. But that comparison doesnt quite work because you take less. And theres also the addiction pattern which is supposed to be very quick.

As for getting hold of it, well I guess your best hope would be to get a horrible injury, like powdering your spine or something, then you might get prescribed it. But you might think it not worth that.

Its much easier to get in the US on the blackmarket because of the way that prescriptions work there and the general doctor/patient relationship.
  • Options
    omg, I watched that the other night..he's a fudd. He's so fat now, too :\
  • Options
    He's so fat now, too

too much partying and drinking.
  • Options
    He's only 16 aint he? Thats perhaps just a little young to be doing strong opiates, I thought he went into re-hab for his cannabis and drinking habits.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    too much partying and drinking.

These ruddy hollywood kids, nowadays. :\
  • Options
    bongbudda; he's 17 and no it wasn't just for drinking and smoking cannabis, he would have to be doing ALOT of drinking and smoking for rehab, i'm near sure he was doing other stuff as well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    These ruddy hollywood kids, nowadays. :\

i know, tis a shame ;)
  • Options
    I guess so, sounds like he's got access to a bit too much money and too many dealers.
  • Options
    Anyways, we can all see how he is doing in the next series of the osbournes, it starts soon on MTV... personally I cant wait, im a big ozzy and sabbath fan, and i find his antics hilarious! plus, we find out about lovely things like oxycontin.... hi ho hi ho too many drugz :p
  • Options
    oh my god i was just about to post this exact same thread! :rolleyes:

You can actually buy it off the internet. If anyone was interested. Or you can pm me ;)
  • Options
    and ozzy's drug of choice was codine i think he said...like father, like son.
  • Options
    Badabing; yes you can buy it off the net, there are loads of internet pharmacies that will fill a script for you.
    BUT its not quite as simple as that, many places only ship to the US because they have very different pharmacy laws and its legal to get your script filled outside the US.

However here its illegal to import your own prescription drugs without concent from the Home Office and with oxycontin that would be importation of a class A drug, a fairly serious offence.

Plus many of the online pharmacies are actualy, like many things on the net just a scam.
  • Options
    seen his interview tonight, he said the addiction was almost instant..that when he woke up in the next morning he started wiping his finger along his table to look for any that was left from the night before and the first time he tried it he was very drunk and his mate warned him he could die that way...but did he listen?

:no:
  • Options
    I had a friend that was really hooked on Oxycontin. Basically all he did every day was pop pills. Then him and his cousin couldnt find anymore Oxycontin so (them being quiet stupid) decide to go rob a pharmacy. :lol: yea right! like thats gonna work. well to make a long story short, they got caught, both were sent to jail. They were 18 and 19. There bail was for $60,000 A PIECE. so, both their parents got together and discussed how they wud get them out of jail. So they sold the boys cars and with that money, bailed them out. I stopped talking to them after that cuz I stopped popping pills and there wasnt a point to hang out with them when all they ddi was drugs. I dont really know how they are doing now, but I know they r prolly still doing community service (they got a couple hundred hours of that). Plus it was all over the local news so I doubt they will ever get jobs in this state. Its truly sad how drugs can take you over so quickly and you dont even realize it. :no:
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that about your friends Jordyn, i would never want my life to be run by a drug like that, having to resort to crime for my habit :no:
  • Options
    I have heard it is stupidly addictive, its totaly over prescribed, its supposed to be only really for VERY very serious cases.

Jordyn; I dont think anyone will have a problem think of you as a woman, there is a very famous Jordan in the UK whos female, but I'm not sure she's a great example.
  • Options
    They are only prescribed for serious pain, my Sister who lives in the states has them for her back.

I posted on here at Christmas as she was visting & I was gonna have some off of her... but no one had any advice or experience & a trawl of the web showed up a few horror stories so I left it...

The reason they are crushed or snorted is that they have a coating that gradually releases the drug over a 12 hour period, if you crush them it gives you the 12 hour hit all at once!