Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shaving - owie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok - shaved, was fine. shaved again, got a few spots. wax didn't work. used depilatory cream spesh for bikini area - more spots, rash, pain. should i leave it for a while til the spots go and then try the cream again? is there any way i can make the spots and rash go away? savlon doesn't seem to work. and i'm a bit embarrassed to let my bf see down there at the mo, so i'd like to change the situation quite quickly!

help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez?

Comments

• Options
    that happens to me all the time
  • Options
    great, so do you just ignore it or do something about it and if so what?!
  • Options
    The reason ur getting spots it because of ingrown hairs getting infected. Ingrown hairs are caused by weaker new hairs not being able to push through the outer layers of skin, so when your spots go, try hair removal again and then whenever u shower/bath u need to exfoliate with a loofah and this should prevent any more ingrown hairs

Good luck!
  • Options
    Is it just spots or bumps as well?

Bumps are caused by shaving below the skin level - this happen lie when the skin is pulled tight and the hair stands up and then you cut - but when the skin is relaxed the hair is now below the skin level - then as it grows it pushes the skin out and you get a bump - happens to guys that shave against the grain or espacially with electric razors that shave too close.
  • Options
    oh that sounds promising Diamond Geezer... sounds very likely. i shall try the loofah type thing. have been randomly trying stuff on it like savlon, hydrocortisone etc and i'm sure it's not a good idea :rolleyes: but nevamind.
  • Options
    i used hair removal cream the other day and i had an allergic reaction from it! stupid immac. i'm gona stick to shaving

when u shave but e45 cream on it straight away, usually works for me.
  • Options
    Exfoliate and moisturise a lot to avoid ingrowing hairs, and also did you test a tiny bit of the depilatory cream 24hrs before you used it properly? It's always a good idea in case you have a reaction to it.

And until you've solved the problem, keep the lights off in bed ;)
  • Options
    hmmmmm no i never do test things *blush* i know i should but... nothing bad's ever happened :) well, not horrendously bad anyway lol. the spots r going a bit now i think :confused: so i might shave again tomorrow... who knows :P
  • Options
    more tips

check here
    :)