Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Metal Mouth *roll eyes*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey.. ive just had my top brace fitted (standard train tracks) and as those who've had them before will no its very painful for the first few days an you can't bite. im gonna get bored of soup an mash so any suggestions mucho appreciated! Thanks :)
xxx

Comments

• Options
    I had my braces (top and bottom) taken off on Monday, after having them for over two years, so I sympathise with ya!

I ended up eating a lot of omlettes! It does get easier tho... one day, you'll end up biting into something without thinking, then you end up realising it didn't actually hurt after all and you can eat (relatively!) normally :)

Biting into bread buns and doughnuts and stuff like that always tends to be a bit difficult for a few days after you've had the braces tightened, but it wears off soon enough :)

Are you getting bottom braces too? I got mine about four weeks after I had the top put on.
  • Options
    i broke my jaw in 3 places last year so had to live of that kind of stuff!!

Stuff to try:

Smash
    Gravy
    Soup
    Milkshake (prefrably frijj milkshakes)
    mullerice
    yougurt
    mashed up beans
    minced beef
    ice cream
    mouse
    shepards pie

there was probably more but i cant think of them right now.
    this was pretty much my staple diet for 6 months though...
  • Options
    the bottom brace hurt the most! so painfull! i just ate normal food though and i was fine!
  • Options
    I had a botton brace fitted across 6 teeth a while back im havin a full botton brace too in 6 weeks. if feels like my teeth are being ripped out:( oh well oh and thanks for the food suggestions:)
    xxx
  • Options
    I had one on both the top teeth and bottom teeth a couple of years ago and it was absolute agony every month when the wires were changed. I've got another one now on my bottom as my wisdom teeth have pushed my bottom teeth out of line so i have to have that on for another 18 months! :eek: Its not as painful as it was last time though so its okay after a couple of days.
    I can't really suggest anything else to eat, icey has pretty much covered most things. Most of the time, i eat what i would normally but cut it up in really small pieces so its easier to chew. Hope it isn't causing you too much pain!:)
  • Options
    Y'know those like 'Cod in Butter Sauce' and 'Cod in Parsley Sauce' stuff you can buy? It's boil in the bag... and it was such a big help to me when I first had my braces. Cook one of them, then make some mash... mix them together and omg, it's gorgeous :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    Y'know those like 'Cod in Butter Sauce' and 'Cod in Parsley Sauce' stuff you can buy? It's boil in the bag... and it was such a big help to me when I first had my braces. Cook one of them, then make some mash... mix them together and omg, it's gorgeous :D

OMFG. Yes. :yum: