Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bday present

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This ones for my friend but we need a bit of help!

The Situation:
Alex fancies this girl really really badly so it's her bday next week and he has up to £30 to spend on her.
She says how about Jewellery, he hates the idea but has settled on a bracelet...... so does anyone know where we can get nice bracelets from?
2nd thing is if not what else would you suggest?
How cheesy is this: i told him to put a rolo in her card and say "fancy my last rolo?"

So if you can help he'll love you forever and has promised the winner he'll be their slave.....lol he doesn't know that yet but come on you're only gonna help if theres a prize........ and hes quite nice looking too

Apparently clothes wise she shops in Zara and Morgan.

edited coz i can't bloody spell!

Comments

• Options
    Imagine him using the money and her not wanting to have anything to do with him, apart from a friendship?
    Okay, it probably belongs to relationships.

Either way, I'd buy her a belt. Cause at the moment, that's my obsession.
  • Options
    I've already said this too him. His original budget was £50 so ive managed to get him down to £30. His money i guess. I did say it doesn't matter just make it look as though effort has gone into it.

Oh well. Thats men for you.
  • Options
    What's her age?
  • Options
    I depends on whether he can really afford it. If £30 is going to bankrupt him, it'd be better to save the money. How is he going to be able to take her out on dates if he's spent all his money on a present?

Also, make sure that he doesn't become reliant on the gift as the only way to win her over.
  • Options
    I think he should give her a card, and ask her out on a date for her birthday, and spend the £30 on a fancy meal for them both.
  • Options
    if someone i wasnt even going out with or who wasnt part of my family spent £30 on me for a birthday present, id be frightened. Its wayyyyyy too much.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I think he should take her out for lunch or brekkie, then hit the shops with her and let her pick - and then go grab a coffee

good day all round for all really

Thank you all. All suggrestions have been forwards to the relevant party. Personally im goign with BritJames on this.