Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stress!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all.
ive had a crap year, no doubt about it, in a nutshell- harrasment at uni/hard course/eptopic pregnancy/theft from my bank account/etc etc etc.
Anyway all of this piling up means that Im in a right old state. I've had problems with depression etc in the past but this is different; im panicky, i feel tired all the time, i get spiltting headaches, i have no apetite or sex drive;i walk about at night crying my eyes out because i cant cope. i cant sleep, i cant do anything but mope and panic and stress. Im 21 on monday, i have grey hairs and back pain, my periods are all over the place- one is starting now and i just finished one 2 weeks ago! and i've been on the pill for a year! arrrrghghghghgh!!!! i dont want zombie pills, are there any remedies anyone else has used, esp for the headaches??? Please dont say meditation or yoga, all i do when i try and chill is cry about all my problems. :mad: :crazyeyes
am i going mad????
kitsxxxxx

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like you definitely need to take action of some kind. There are loads of different types of therapy you can consider, but have a good look at all the information here before you decide what to do. You'll be able to read up on them all as well as learning a bit more about anxiety and panic attacks. Remember, even if your GP suggests anti-depressants, you don't have to take them so it may be worth making a visit anyway - they might be able to point you down the alternative therapy route if that's their thing. Good luck. Hannah Spanner ;)
  • Options
    A friend of mine went to the doctor, thinking he was depressed and expecting to be put on "zombie pills" but his doctor told him to go away and try aromatherapy for a month and then come back if it didn't help. Tho he wasn't very willing at first, his mum looked into it and bought loads of oils and an oil burner, and he used to have it burning in the background whenever he was studying, lying in the bath, or even just watching tv (ended up chilling his whole family out by having the oils burning in the lounge whilst watching tv!). I can't remember which oils he used but I know the women his mum spoke to him The Body Shop was very helpful and told her which oils do what, etc. Boots and other chemist places should have someone who knows about the oils they sell, so it's worth asking about them... You never know, it might work! :)
  • Options
    cool will meditation help with the headaches,i mean if i have a headache is it too late, or will the burner make it go away? that would be so great, i definately want to go down the alternative medication route etc cos i think to myself, in the old days no-one had prozac and they used natural remedies. doctors these days lean too much on chemistry and not on homeopathy.
    maybe im just a hippy :)
    thanks,kitsxxxxxxxx
    will report back soon :D