Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Keeping them in Fridge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do truffles need to be kept in the fridge or else they won't work? or are they fine just sitting in a drawer?

Comments

• Options
    I would keep them in the fridge, esp in this weather :cool:
  • Options
    That's the thing, i can't, i don't have my own place.

do you think they would still be okay to take?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    That's the thing, i can't, i don't have my own place.

do you think they would still be okay to take?

Personally every time I've had truffles I've stored them in the fridge right up until I use them.
    They maybe fine, they may not, I'm not too sure because fungus does have a habit of 'sweating'. Maybe if you put some silica gel in with them?

I think the best bet is to e-mail PotSeeds and see if they have any advice they can give, I don't even know if the truffles 'dry out' or not, never tried. But I know with normal mushrooms if you put them in a dark, dry place they'll dry out, but also, become class A.

Sorry I'm not too sure to be honest mate.
  • Options
    Well i just emailed potseeds but the truffles seem to be the same as they were whenever i recieved them but they are a bit more slimey than what they were....and it also says on the bag keep fresh.

:eek2:
  • Options
    Stick them in a cool bag in your room. Change the ice packs regularly though.

The active ingredients will degrade the longer you leave them out, and silica gel won't stop it - that only helps absorb excess moisture.

Chop chop :p
  • Options
    a cool bag...no can do....it's my parents bag.

I've left them since Saturday sitting there...i hope they are okay :nervous:
  • Options
    a cool bag...no can do....it's my parents bag.

Pack them in a bucket of ice and stick them in the cupboard then :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Pack them in a bucket of ice and stick them in the cupboard then :p

Maybe some sort of container of ice with them it...would that work?
  • Options
    Well i just emailed potseeds but the truffles seem to be the same as they were whenever i recieved them but they are a bit more slimey than what they were....and it also says on the bag keep fresh.

:eek2:

Yeah that'll be them sweating. If I were you I'd just hide them in the fridge behind something you think they won't move then just take it round to a mates asap or something?

I remember once I had some mushrooms (only about a trips worth luckily) in my bag that I needed to take via town, wrapped in newspaper, and when I got them out, they were floating in a puddle of moisture. :eek2:

If they're going slimey I think you'll need to do something before they become useless.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Yeah that'll be them sweating. If I were you I'd just hide them in the fridge behind something you think they won't move then just take it round to a mates asap or something?

I remember once I had some mushrooms (only about a trips worth luckily) in my bag that I needed to take via town, wrapped in newspaper, and when I got them out, they were floating in a puddle of moisture. :eek2:

If they're going slimey I think you'll need to do something before they become useless.

Well yes they are sweating then :(

I will do something about it quite soon.
  • Options
    Maybe some sort of container of ice with them it...would that work?

Hopefully.
  • Options
    any of you two have any idea how long it would be before they are useless? they have been lying there from Saturday evening.
  • Options
    any of you two have any idea how long it would be before they are useless? they have been lying there from Saturday evening.

Not a clue. I wouldn't leave them lying about any longer than you absolutely need to though.

BTW - how long did they take to be delivered?
  • Options
    i'm not into anything that takes up lager space in my fridge. i curse milk and eggs.
  • Options
    The heat will speed up the oxidisation, which will decrease the potency, but probally not by a massive amount. I'd just do them asap.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Not a clue. I wouldn't leave them lying about any longer than you absolutely need to though.

BTW - how long did they take to be delivered?

they took a day to come but they were lying around in the post office for 2 days before i recieved them because i wasn't there when they arrived.
  • Options
    they took a day to come but they were lying around in the post office for 2 days before i recieved them because i wasn't there when they arrived.

Just out of curiousity... they were send to you by regular post?
    Is it ok to send "goods" by regular post? Because if it was ok... it would be very helpful for me...
  • Options
    It depends what 'goods' your talking about, in this case yes its totaly fine because mushies arent technicaly illegal untill you prepare them for consumption.
    Although I'm sure if the police could be bothered they could make a case out of it, why else would you want them?

As for other 'goods', well it really comes down to the smell, obviously a parcel stinking of puff might well get you some attention but a slim envelpe with 10 tabs of cid in it isnt going to get noticed.
    In the UK any mail is technicaly the property of the Queen till it is delivered so getting a warrent to open anything is hard. What they would normaly do is wait till arrived then raid you, if they thought anything was going on.

If you are going to do it then I'd advise not to do it accross boarders or airmail within a country (N.Ireland from London for example) because then theres going to be more checks. Also sending it 'express' or special delivery will mean it will get there quicker and hopefully the post office men wont tea leaf it.
  • Options
    With legal items it would be fine but i wouldn't risk sending anything illegal through the post, it could end up causing alot of unneeded hassle.
  • Options
    There's a head-shop in Leicester that has a licence from the home office to sell shroomz themselves! (i.e not the kits). The owner claims that he is legal until they dry out and it is only then that he could be charged. He sells truffles too, but never tried them..they seem a bit pricey and i'm a bit dubious as to whether they are any good.
  • Options
    they are quite good truffles, have a nice euphoric feeling,dilated pupils,made me dance more, had a brilliant time on them, couldn't stop laughing with them.
  • Options
    I wouldnt think that you would need a licence, I'm not sure though, theres a shop in Camden thats been selling three or four types of shrooms for about 3 or 4 months now.
  • Options
    well i've been told by potseeds that they will go mouldy if they aren't stored in a fridge, they are still the same though as when i bought them, only a tiny bit more slimy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I wouldnt think that you would need a licence, I'm not sure though, theres a shop in Camden thats been selling three or four types of shrooms for about 3 or 4 months now.

Really? Are they like reasonably priced or extortionate? I wonder if prices would fall around the late September time..

And Shogun: Yeah that slimeyness will be them sweating which I bet will eventually make the go mouldy. Just keep them cool or eat them asap.
  • Options
    well most of them are gone but are stored in a fridge now so it's all good.
  • Options
    They are preaty expencive and they're indoor grown by the look of it, well unless they have flown in some mexican ones.