Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sort of pressure in my head (i HAVE been to docs)`

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
wel over past while ive been feeling a sort of pressure in my head, on the forehead, the sides and where the head and neck join. it feels like when you have a bad head cold, and when i breathe in through my nose it feels blocked and i can hear/feel breath in my ears (make sense??).

also my left arm and left leg have been acting weirdly, my arm (from elbow down) has been feeling not NUMB exactly but kinda weightless/strange. the leg has been feeling heavey and a bit weak. i also feel tired a fair bit.

The doctor said it sounded like i was blocked up, but i failed to mention the arms and legs problem, dunno y, i get nervous in the doctors surgery. she prescribed me a nasal spray to clear it up and it hasnt cleared.

i have sed b4 that i am a hypochondriac and a really extreme one, so obviously a brain tumor is wot im scared of and what im thinking of. im just worried and want a scan to dispel/confirm my fears. but i dont think it sounds bad enuf for that, so they wont give me a scan.
I REALLY want my mind put at ease

Comments

• Options
    mt aunt had a brain tumour, and her symptoms were nothing at all like yours.

she had fits, which later developed into full blown epilepsy, she had a headache in the morning which wore off during the day, and she was sick a lot, especially with the headaches.

i don't want to seem rude, but it sounds like it's all in your head.

and i'm sure if it had been something serious your doctor would have picked up on it.

give it a month, and if you still feel dodgy, go back to the doctor.
  • Options
    just the type of reassurance i was looking for. thanks
    sorry bout ur family member btw
  • Options
    Originally posted by colls
    just the type of reassurance i was looking for. thanks
    sorry bout ur family member btw

thank you. and don't worry about it.

i used to be a hypochondriac too. :)
  • Options
    You're probably best leaving it for a while, but if it doesn't go away, or gets worse then you might wanna go back to your doc. If it was serious I'm sure she would have picked up on it, so don't worry too much. ;)
  • Options
    doc wants me back 2 wks after (friday) so ill mention how worried i am and c if she decides to put my mind at ease or not
  • Options
    If your that worried about it they can send you for an MRI. I got mine in November.

Does your body ache and you feel quite tired most fo the time?
  • Options
    yeah sometimes. i mite ask for an MRI to put my mind at ease. though im gonna feel all guilty and silly coz ppl whop are ACTUALLY ill could have had my place. wots up with u?