Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bad pills or am I just losing interest?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was at a festival a few weeks ago and had a few pills over the course of the weekend, but they really wiped me out. I was really quiet and wasn't really mixing with my friends the way I usually would. The comedowns were coming on me with a vengence. The only way I could get over the black cloud hanging over me was to drop another one. I felt like I spent the whole weekend trying to get to the same level as my mates, but I just couldn't.

It's not like I've just started taking E, the summer festivals are like an institution for me, where I get completely wasted and I can usually handle it really well. this time though....whoa, it was awful.

Comments

• Options
    Same thing happened to me and a few others over the weekend. We just put it down to a bad batch of pills. Maybe we had the same, what with being in the same area and all?
  • Options
    If you can describe the effects in a detailed way then I might be able to guess at what was in your pills. It sounds a little like ket but you dont get a comedown as such from that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    If you can describe the effects in a detailed way then I might be able to guess at what was in your pills. It sounds a little like ket but you dont get a comedown as such from that.

Well, I came up in the mormal way, but the good yummy feeling only lasted for about 30 mins tops. Then I went all gouchy and weird and hit the paras in a major way. I never experienced any of the normal lovedupness and connections that you usually get with your mates. I tried so hard not to let the gouching take over by getting right into the crowd and dancing like a loonie. But to be honest, it felt like I was faking having a good time to try to convince myself I was. I just kept popping wee halfs to keep myself on a high and when I got back to my tent I was completely freaked out. Everyone was sitting having a bit of banter at the tent and I couldn't open my mouth. I went to bed and lay there listening to them laughing...wishing I could join in, but I couldn't move. I kept drifting in and out of sleep.

Next morning I woke up feeling a million dollars and had a couple of drinks and was having a great time. Then everyone dropped again and I thought I'd be ok, that it must've been the way I was feeling the day before. But the same thing happened again, only at the end of the night, I made my way back to the tent and literally passed out. I've never felt as low as I felt that night.

What is weird though, is that everyone of our crowd had the same pills.

Keizo, what kind were yours?
  • Options
    The fact that you kept drifting in and out of sleep and the not being able to talk does sound like ket, but by itself that wouldnt really cause all the symptoms that you describe. I would guess at something like ethadrine and ket, that might give you that type of experiance. However you mentioned that you came up in the normal way, so it might have been MDEA, that would give you a shorter high.

The problem with those idea is that they are very unlikely, I cant remember the last time I heard of MDEA being in a pill or ket for that matter. But it is possible, if you've got a cook who doesnt know what they are doing then the synth of MDMA can turn into MDEA.

In other words I can guess but without testing you'll never know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

It wasn't ket. I've have ket before, and that wasn't it.

The pills took a while to kick in - about an hour even though I'd crushed them before I swallowed. I got the usual coming up feeling, only with alot more paranoia.

We stood about the kitchen for a while (30 - 45) mins, where I had major paranoia. Everyone else on the pills was talking and seemed to be having a good time, but I was like, phasing in and out of the conversation and into my own thoughts, so wasn't able to follow the conversation and convinced myself they were talking about me. As with lovedup, I just sat there and couldn't bring myself to talk.

The pills wore off shortly after and I just stuck to charlie for the rest of the night instead :p
    Originally posted by lovedup

Keizo, what kind were yours?

Lillacy smiley faces with purple speckles. What about you?
  • Options
    Fair enough, some of the effects do sound like ket, but if you've had ket before then it is easy to tell.

I'd say it was MDEA, maybe, possibly BZP, but I doubt that either, its too short lasting for that. Ethadrine would have only given you a short 'high'.
    The long come up time is odd too, well I'm stumped.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Lillacy smiley faces with purple speckles. What about you?

I have one left, and it's a superman, but I don't think the rest were. I'm sure the pills I had at T in the Park were speckled with wee ravey men on them.
  • Options
    I'm sure the pills I had at T in the Park were speckled with wee ravey men on them.

We were inundated with them a few months back - full of ket. The amount of times I literally fell asleep on them was untrue.
  • Options
    I've given up drugs recently but can say from my own experience and a few others I have spoken to is sometimes you just reach a point, where you don't enjoy them anymore.

I'm not saying this happens to everyone but coke, weed, pills it didnt matter I just got to the point where every time I took them, it was not fun anymore. From just feeling down to outright paranoia and this wasn't related to type or anything else.

This was after about 15 or 16 years of doing them and I used to be the biggest drugs evangelist, sometimes it happens. Try giving the pills a miss for a few months if it still happens...well you've had your fun but ask yourself if its time to move on.
  • Options
    the end of the road comes for us all, admit whenever the honeymoon is over.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    the end of the road comes for us all, admit whenever the honeymoon is over.

My party isn't over just yet. :D

Had a crazy drug fuelled weekend and didn't hit the paras once! Yay! I'm planning on taking it easy for a while though. I usually only take stuff a few times a year and I think I've killed my 2003 quota:crazyeyes
  • Options
    My party isn't over just yet. :D

Had a crazy drug fuelled weekend and didn't hit the paras once! Yay! I'm planning on taking it easy for a while though. I usually only take stuff a few times a year and I think I've killed my 2003 quota:crazyeyes

:D

keep the party going...like myself
  • Options
    Yep, we all go through it with pills, start off using shit loads and then level out, take a break, most go back to them though.