Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone fed up with fashion just now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am fed up of this malark with the 80s..fecking Bucks Fizz skirts, and leggings, candy sports girl with visors and wristbands, rocker chick with the feckin school tie over a tshirt, and 60s shit..spots and stripes. I want something new and fancy. :D

Anyone know of owt? :\

Comments

• Options
    Said it before, I'll say it again, that's why I follow style.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Said it before, I'll say it again, that's why I follow style.

Tch. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Tch. :|

You know you're gagging to be as cool as me ;):p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    You know you're gagging to be as cool as me ;):p

You SOOOO wish darlink. :p
  • Options
    chuh! I'm glad you said it before me.. hehe
    I'm sick of it all... I just don't "do" cheap and tacky. I'm sorry, but Neons don't look good on anyone. They just don't. Infact, they remind me of pre-school... all those crayon colours..All that scribble!!!

Why can't Glamour be in fashion? Why can't black be in fashion?! I do glamour, I do black, yet I don't do 80's smiley happy bubbly Bucks Fizz bollox. arghhhhhh!

Ilora x
  • Options
    my mums cat (now sadly deceased) used to be Cheryl Bakers cousins cat!
  • Options
    I'm really fed up of all the punky/80's shite thats been in all the shops for ages. It's all horrible :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I'm really fed up of all the punky/80's shite thats been in all the shops for ages. It's all horrible :yuck:
    i dont like it either. my marvellous solution is to not buy the stuff i dont like.
  • Options
    I think they brought back the wrong stuff from the 80s - when they said they were bringing back the 80s I thought they meant the whole more formal look but instead they brought back all the wrong things all the cheesy naff stuff that people want to forget.

To be honest, I think there's been too much emphasis on dressing down since about 1990 and it'd be nice to see people dressing up in a more formal look now.
  • Options
    ahh Kevlar, I loooove that song, marillion rock
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    ahh Kevlar, I loooove that song, marillion rock

Aww thanks for noticing. I agree, I just really liked the imagery - the whole song is good for that but those lines are my favourite. I'd have included the cherry blossom in the market square line but I thought it'd be too long then! Beautiful song isn't it?
  • Options
    it will be coming to the end of season and changing soon...dont worry...its all too old fashioned now...trend only last a couple of months before there naff....onece u see all the stuff that was cool on the sale racks u know it aint cool or 'in'
  • Options
    Fashion... bleh. I wear what I like. If it's in fashion, yay. If not, who cares? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Anyone fed up with fashion just now?
    Originally posted by 1983
    I am fed up of this malark with the 80s..fecking Bucks Fizz skirts, and leggings, candy sports girl with visors and wristbands, rocker chick with the feckin school tie over a tshirt, and 60s shit..spots and stripes. I want something new and fancy. :D

Anyone know of owt? :\

Indeed. I was thinking that when I was looking through my Ellegirl and I could see no flares but drainpipes. I detest the things :( I most liked fashion about a year and a half ago. Things are changing too quickly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    i dont like it either. my marvellous solution is to not buy the stuff i dont like.

Same here, but it doesn't leave much that you can buy! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    well don't worry its all going out now. i went shopping today and everything is black and made of wool. how boring, i liked this summers fashion -brightcolours and tacky :D there has also been some really cool army stuff too