Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ingesting Seeds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is the best way to eat seeds, ie truffles, just eat them and wash them down with a drink or eat them in a sandwich?

Comments

• Options
    Whatever way works with you, as long as you've ingested them you'll be fine. If you don't like the taste, grind them up and put them in gel capsules or something.

Psilocybe Mexicana/Tempanensis truffles arn't seeds. They're a type of fungus.
  • Options
    my mistake, does anyone have any experiences with the Tempanensis one's?
  • Options
    I'm not sure you can do the same with truffles but with mushies you can make a tea which doesnt taste that bad.

Boil some water then leave it to cool a bit, then when its about the temp of hot bath water put your mushies in a cafetire (you not the plunging coffee thing) and pour the water on top, let it soak and stir, the water should go blue, yes blue, its very odd. Then plunge and drink, add honey to mask the taste slightly.
  • Options
    i ate them on their own, i think they tasted alrite, didnt wash them down with anything
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm not sure you can do the same with truffles but with mushies you can make a tea which doesnt taste that bad.

Yeah it works fine with the truffles, did that my first time and it quite a good way to take them, was tripping nicely by the end of the cup. :p
  • Options
    z0ma; did you not just eat them raw with a glass of lemonade if i'm not mistaken?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    z0ma; did you not just eat them raw with a glass of lemonade if i'm not mistaken?

I've tripped on truffles five or six times. The first time (or possibly the second) I did them in a tea where we left it to cool a bit, added the truffles (just making sure the heat of the water didn't break down the psilocybin), stirred for 10-15, and slowly drank. Worked a treat.
    But you're correct, every other time I've had them I've just eaten them raw with lemonade to help them slide down. Suppose it's the most efficient way really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    I've tripped on truffles five or six times. The first time (or possibly the second) I did them in a tea where we left it to cool a bit, added the truffles (just making sure the heat of the water didn't break down the psilocybin), stirred for 10-15, and slowly drank. Worked a treat.
    But you're correct, every other time I've had them I've just eaten them raw with lemonade to help them slide down. Suppose it's the most efficient way really.

do they come on the quickest just eating them down raw?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    do they come on the quickest just eating them down raw?

I'm not too sure to be honest, but it certainly felt like the tea came on quicker because I was actively involved in it, sipping at it every now and again etc etc.
    When you eat them raw even if you try do something to forget about them there's always a little voice going "Oh boy! You just ate some mushrooms...when are you going to come up? Jesus, it's taking ages.."
    Not sure either way, but it's not long. Half hour ish. :)
  • Options
    cheers mate, check your pm's.
  • Options
    In theory the tea should come up quicker because theres no need to digest the actual mushrooms just the active ingredients. I doubt it makes a great deal of difference though.
  • Options
    No probably wouldn't make a difference at all, i think the decision is eating them raw.