Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

More hair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My 21 year old cousin is thinning on top. Non of his parents are bald yet, but he's getting there.
He also hinted that my hair is quite sparse, even though I'm not receeding anywhere (I'm 20 btw).

How do you get a fuller head of hair?

Is it true that having a shower with hot water weakens the hair?
What nutrients do you need to keep your hair stong and full? (Iron perhaps???).

Getting bald is a mans worst nightmare, I DON'T WANT IT TO HAPPEN TO ME :crazyeyes :crazyeyes :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    *runs off to get the magazine from the Sunday papers*

It says here....

"Try minoxidil lotion or ask your GP for prescription drugs, such as finesteride, that block testosterone. They have been proven to help stop hair loss in men, but side effects can include a drop in your sex life and performance."

That was in reply to a letter from a 26 year old bloke, worried about his hair thinning and starting to go bald.
  • Options
    You can get hairtransplants or try that Regaine stuff.

Don't know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I'd stop worry about it - and stop trying to cover it up!

If you're going bald - shave it short!

why hide it? what's the point

:yes:

my blokey is going a bit thin on top. not majorly, but he's only 21.

doesn't make him less attractive. i don't think he cares either. his dad's bald, so i think he always had the idea it ws gonna happen to him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    :yes:

my blokey is going a bit thin on top. not majorly, but he's only 21.

doesn't make him less attractive. i don't think he cares either. his dad's bald, so i think he always had the idea it ws gonna happen to him.

uh-huh, for a short period of time you think 'holy fuck!' but then you realise there's fuck all wrong with having a lack of hair in later life, it's less bother. :D
  • Options
    You could try not being vain ;)
  • Options
    Count yourselves lucky, I have a friend who's already thinning on top at 17 - very noticably so. Mind you, he's still gorgeous and I don't think it makes much of a difference.

There are centres across the country where they can deal with baldness and hair loss, though, so you should book a consultation or something.
  • Options
    My Dad was bald by the age of 23. I'm 27 and slowly getting there. I've always known that one day I'll be the same as him, and when that day comes, the clippers are being set to 0.5!

If it's gonna happen, it'll happen.