Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive had a mouth ulcer for a few days now, and last night i gave my bf head. afterwards i realised that i really shouldnt have, but i wasnt thinking. is it possible that i could transfer the ulcer from my mouth to his.........

oh god :eek:

any advice asap pls!!!

Comments

• Options
    i'm almost sure you can't. i don't think mouth ulcers are contagious.

cold sores you can, but it's unlikely cause the cold sore virus is slightly different to the genital herpes virus.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    actually the cold sore virus can be transferred during oral sex. never give or receive oral sex if one partner has a cold sore. although the herpes simplex virus is slightly different to genital herpes, it's like saying one cold is different to another. herpes is incurable and you do not want something like that down there for the rest of your life.

well, the way my doctor put it:

there's only a 10% chance that you'll transfer it. but if you put one bullet in a gun with 10 holes would you hold it to your head and pull the trigger?

no. me neither.
  • Options
    phew. thats alrighty then. thanks for the replies and reassurance.

cheers :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    You will always pass it on and they will be a carrier .... doesn't always show up on a carrier but will be there and can flare at any time (stress, dirt, whatever) *was bored one day in the docs and read all the leaflets*

all the leaflet i've ever picked up say different things....

i've had cold sores since i was about 5, and i've never passed it on to anyone. i know it means i never will. i do take precautions, and keep my mouth away from people when i've got a sore. but 3 different b/fs have accidentally kissed me, and none of them got sores...
  • Options
    Re: feck
    Originally posted by paperdoll

any advice asap pls!!!

I dont really know if he could get them but i do know a few ways you can make cold sores hurt less or even go away faster. there are medications for cold sores . If you dont have any on hand, apply a slightly dampened asprin to the sore. Hold it there for etleast three minutes. Keep the sore and its surrounding area clean and dry to fight bacteria. Eat a bland diet, avoiding chocolate, nuts, or gelatin-based products. these foods may irritate the sore and cause further infection.

catching the warning signs of an oncoming cold sore. A tingling sensation starts about twenty hours before the sore appears. Dab a little Pepto-Bismol on the sore. Just the way it fights the virus that causes diarrhea, it combats a cold sore.

Sorry I wasnt really helping the main problem but then again, you said "ANY ADVICE."

My brother told me a while back about that with cold sores, either you have the virus (meaning you've had a cold sore in your life) or you havent. (meaning you've never had one). And you can pass it on. . . be careful. Thats just what he told me.