Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does anyone think sex is actually a big deal anymore?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its just that some of the things i read on these boards kinda scare me, people whove been sexually active since 13, 14, people whove lost count of how many sexual partners theyve had, etc.

Im not judging these people at all, because everyone has the right to make their own decisons. But does anyone feel that sex is a special thing at all anymore? I do believe in sex before marriage, but not in sex before love. Anyone have similar views?

As i said, im not judging anyone, i would just like some opinions on this. cheers

xx

Comments

• Options
    Um, Sex is special to me now that I'm *ahem* cumming! :p

I do believe in sex before marriage, but not in sex before love. Anyone have similar views?

No, I would need to have fucked them to be able to love them. Couldn't love them fully otherwise!
  • Options
  • Options
    Hmm in some ways yes, in other ways no.

If its someone i dont care about or love sex is just a physical thing and it means nothing to me. If i love someone it means a lot.
  • Options
    Sex is still a big deal for me. I wouldn't sleep with just anyone, I'd have to feel something for them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by giggles3
    I think sex is still special, it just isn't as much of a taboo as it once was. People are less prude and so talk about it more openly. There does seems to be alot of people having one night stands, etc etc but maybe it is just because people talk about it more openly??

i agree wiv giggles :yes:
  • Options
    Re: Does anyone think sex is actually a big deal anymore?
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    Its just that some of the things i read on these boards kinda scare me, people whove been sexually active since 13, 14, people whove lost count of how many sexual partners theyve had, etc.

Im not judging these people at all, because everyone has the right to make their own decisons. But does anyone feel that sex is a special thing at all anymore? I do believe in sex before marriage, but not in sex before love. Anyone have similar views?

As i said, im not judging anyone, i would just like some opinions on this. cheers

xx

I agree with you - I would only sleep with someone I love. Sex should be about a deeper connection.
    If you put out for every guy/girl you meet then how can it be special? As far as I can see a lot of young girls have sex because they are either pressured into it or they think that it means the other person loves them or that they are a person deserving of love.

I don't believe in Marriage but I do think people need to keep sex as something you do when you are in love. its much better that way anyway!
  • Options
    To be honest I think it completely depends on the person. Sex is special to me but I've only began to regard it as that in the last year or so. I made a lot of mistakes in the past and ended up sleeping with people I didn't actually care about. I think now I have a different attitute to sex because of my current bfriend. Before sex was just something that I did because I thought it was the expected thing to do and that there was no alternative. Now though I've realised sex can be special if you find the right person. It's just my personal choice though and many people think differently: one night stands and casual sex are all right if you feel that you have the emotions to deal with it.
  • Options
    whats the difference between being in love and thinking your in love?
  • Options
    Nothing.

As for sex being special, well I suppose for some it isnt but for me it is. It depends a lot on what type of sex your talking about too, I can kind of see that just animal fucking between two people who consent doesnt really have to have much of a spiritual conection, but I think its better with someone you love, because then you get to practice and learn what each other likes and you can experiement, and it gets better.
  • Options
    i think theres a difference between having sex with a partner who u may love or just think u love and having casual sex.

i would never be able to just sleep with someone and then not feel emotionally involved with that person. i think that sex is a big deal because i personally have only ever slept with people who i have been in a long term relationship with. my first time was very special 2 but people dont seem that bothered about that anymore.
  • Options
    Sex is special if you feel something for the person.And for me its still a big part in my realtionship.
  • Options
    i think its something which needs at least a certain amount of emotional attachment,

it does actually scare and disturb me how some people can treat it as nothing

they need to learn the difference between passion and compassion! i think that makes sense.....
  • Options
    i think sex without love is wrong, but thats just me. but what really disturbs me is at my school the majority of the people are sexually active and i know 3 girls who have gotten pregnant, thats jsut wrong. i mean im not saying having sex is wrong at this age (because i probably will within the next year with my boyfriend, who i feel strongly for, and vice versa) but they will sleep with guys they barely know and stuff
  • Options
    why should you have to be in love to have sex with someone? if 2 ppl fancy each other, and u just wana rip each others clothes off..why the hell not? ive been in love before and the sex feels different and very special. but sex with someone who u have amazing chemistry with is very satisfying!
    but then if you're talkin about drunken one night stands..well i dont like them much.
    but if its the beginning of a realtionship i dont see why you should wait until you're in love
  • Options
    I'm 16 and just waiting for the right person i suppose, i think it should be special so i'm holding out. I've done stuff with a few people but the guy thats gonna go all the way with me is gonna have to be pretty special to me!!
  • Options
    i dont see the whole 'special' thing myself. sex is sex, and should be treated as such.
    To those people who say they are waiting for the 'right person' to come along before they sleep with them - why? are you only ever going to sleep with that one person for the rest of your life? if not then why does it matter it that they're so special? if you are only going to have sex with one person your whole life then how will you know if its any good? it could be the worst sex ever but you wouldnt know any different...
  • Options
    I suppose i can see ur point that sex is sex! I'm not waiting for THE ONE that i will spend the rest of my life with, jus someone who is special to me and not someone that i had sex with cause i was drunk! Sex with one person forever? Maybe a few more than one!!
  • Options
    Just wanna say that I feel sorry for anyone who even minutely thinks that sex isn't a big deal any more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo
    Just wanna say that I feel sorry for anyone who even minutely thinks that sex isn't a big deal any more.

why is that? why is it such a big deal?
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo

why??

when it comes down to it, sex is there to make babies. every living thing has sex in order to reproduce(ok there might be an exception somewhere). it just so happens that we as humans can find alot of pleasure from it and we use contraception to stop us having babies. so we can have loads and loads of sex(yay) just for the fun of it. so it never started off *that* special, just a fact of life. so why build it up into something that its not? because no doubt religion has taught us to do that and has since carried on like that through the ages.
  • Options
    So what then - everyone should go out and have sex with the first person they see?

Hmm.... no, I don't think so.

Sex has lost its big deal status in this day and age where people have fuck buddies and one night stands because they know they have the safety net of contraception.

In my opinion, sex is something that should only be enjoyed by two people who are already emotionally close. I don't believe in no sex before marriage, but I do believe in no sex before love. It seems I'm old fashioned like that I guess.
  • Options
    sex....... where do you start, i do think that its wrong that people are having sex at 13 although saying that one of my best friends lost her verginity at 14 but she had been with the lad for 10 months before that so i think it also depends on the person. I'v just started well..... :) aerrr.... thing with this lad, i now that hes really nice and respects me (a very important thing) no im not in love with him, but i am sleeping with him. i really like him and we are having fun.... i was 17 before i slept with someone and i do think its special but i also think im at an age to have fun as long as im careful and make sure i know what im doing!!!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by baby zee
    sex....... where do you start, i do think that its wrong that people are having sex at 13 although saying that one of my best friends lost her verginity at 14 but she had been with the lad for 10 months before that so i think it also depends on the person. I'v just started well..... :) aerrr.... thing with this lad, i now that hes really nice and respects me (a very important thing) no im not in love with him, but i am sleeping with him. i really like him and we are having fun.... i was 17 before i slept with someone and i do think its special but i also think im at an age to have fun as long as im careful and make sure i know what im doing!!!!! :rolleyes:

i agree. i was 17 when i lost my virginity and i certainly don't do 1night stands but i don't see the point in waiting til you're in love.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just the way I've been brought up, but I can't imagine having sex with someone I barely know, like a one-night stand, or even having sex with someone I don't truly care about.

I lost my virginity to my current boyfriend when we'd been together for about 6months, and it was a big deal for both of us. I don't think I could really enjoy sex with someone I wasn't in love with.

I'm not judging people who do have one-night stands or who've had lots of sexual partners, I mean why not if you feel comfortable with it? But it's not something I personally could do.
  • Options
    i didnt think i would be able to either, i lost my virginity to a lad i was going out with and thought i was in love with, and it was a big deal - and still is too me, i see where you are comming from and do argee its so special when you love that person, but it can also be a lot of fun even if you just care and connect with a person but not love
  • Options
    Originally posted by icey
    i dont see the whole 'special' thing myself. sex is sex, and should be treated as such.
    To those people who say they are waiting for the 'right person' to come along before they sleep with them - why? are you only ever going to sleep with that one person for the rest of your life? if not then why does it matter it that they're so special? if you are only going to have sex with one person your whole life then how will you know if its any good? it could be the worst sex ever but you wouldnt know any different...

You know what - as someone who is 33 and has only ever slept with one person I can say truthfully that I've never wondered what it would be like with someone else as I'm fine in the situation I'm in. However....

I do think that when I was 16 it would have been nice to realise that just because sex meant the involvement of emotions, theres nothing wrong with being a little emotional sometimes!!