Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ecstacy related deaths soaring

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
accoring to results from an english scientist and the government, that because pills are as cheap as £1 and containing more of the chemical mdma :confused: they are causing more deaths and that users think ecstacy is very harmless and just for the 'buzz'...it's roughly as cheap a pill for the price of a pint and because of this the pills are badly made thus creating more deaths, what is going to happen? are all pills going to turn into a big pile of shit and all be useless, i have no doubt that there is still good suppliers out there who make the pills proper and safe for the user...the chemist makes money by keeping customers..not killing them.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think the 'chemist' who makes them gives a shit to be honest, if they are making the cash then its all good for them.....remember that people are still going to buy them regardless, it may scare afew but not many.

I think people are being careless, and do actually think that the drug is harmless, and 'nothing will happen to me' kinda thing.

There are alot of decent pills out there, and of course, bad pills...
  • Options
    Hi Peole

' the chemist who make them'..??? The villians who make them. Or just the moody ones that have been shipped across from Holland as they know us Brits are mugs and will neck anything. Most are cut up with untold different substances ie rat poison etc etc Time for E's to be tested me think, as thats the only reason people die on them. Pure MDMA is actually good and there is hardly any come down from it. I think it should be used to treat patients with skitzophrenia, depression.and women with bullemia and other psyche disorders.

john
  • Options
    Rat poison, it's been proven that there has never been any pills with rat poison :rolleyes:
    People do already test their pills but alot don't which is foolish, you never know what is in them.
    People with depression are advised not to take them, erowid.org will give you some good info on these.
  • Options
    Just 'erowid' but not comming up for some reason. Sorry, but they DID used to mixed up with rat poison., but i'm not sure if anyone ever dehydrated or died from other causes on them. :mad: The only people who say dont prescribe MDMA for clients with psyche disorders are the professors and researches that are funded by the big Pharmaceuticals. They would have too much to lose with their SSRI's etc etc etc

john
  • Options
    PS, as cheap as £1.00 say's who.??

This muppet is having a larf aint he.?? unless he is importing 1000's at a pop from Holland or from some back street Lab. Puhleeaase, this guy is just a jerk. Phone up the National statistics for health and ask them " What are the figures for people that have died of Alcoholism.?? As it does'nt get recorded, only as a releatd illness. IfGeorge Best died tomorrow, it will be recorded Liver failure. If he smoked the herbal would he have the same problems.?? Of course not.Govt stats are just Bu!!sh!t. (Alcohol is the only drug you casn die withdrawing from)

john
  • Options
    Originally posted by john the bricke
    PS, as cheap as £1.00 say's who.??

Yeh that is abit unreal, i get them from £3+
  • Options
    I'm an idiot you say :rolleyes:

http://www.erowid.org

here you are talking about rat poison, why, just why would a person put rat poison in a pill? How do you actually know there was/is rat posion in pills, have you ever seen one tested right in front of your eyes?

£1 a go..that's what the daily mail said, as cheap as £1 up in the north west of england, i can't get them for £1 but i know someone on these boards who was offered one for £2.
  • Options
    Pills mixed with rat poison is nonsense/shite.
    why waste money on rat poison when there are about a million cheaper bulking and binding agents. (a tablet needs to be pressed and in order for it not to crumble it has to be mixed with a binding agent)

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/DS%20Media%20Project/media_adulterants.htm

Shogun - who was this scientist?

Cocaine use is increasing - one reason is becasue people think that e is far from safe (due to govt. campaigns against it) and coke is.

The quality of pills according to some sources is declining - therefore people take more to get the effect - therefore the risk increases.

I have heard of 100 for £70
    £1.50 - £3.00 is normal in Devon

Why are pills so cheap? because John, it is now actually quite hard to import them so more and more are being made in the UK. Part of the pricing of a drug comes from the risk involved in making, preparing and transporting it. brining in something from Holland means higher risk than shipping it up or down a motorway in the UK.

there are four reasons people die from E
    dehydration/heat stoke
    over-hydration
    heart failure (often due to coke and speed use as well)
    acute toxic reaction due to a liver enzyme and detoxification pathway deficiency

Deaths

Devon and Cornwall has seen a 200% increase in deaths from e - well that is a rise from 2 to 4. 4 deaths in a year from a possible 13-26 thousand users - if e was mixed with all manner of shite then I would expect to see more deaths - esp. with the amount of tablets people take these days.

John, why is someone who has researched something and found an answer a muppet/jerk. I doubt he said every pill is a £1, probably he said some people who took part in our research stated they could buy a tablet for £1. then the newspaper takes this and say pills at a pound a pop. Please don't slag people off if you have no idea about the full story or have not actually read this persons research report.

Alcohol the only drug you can die withdrawing from. Technically yes. but try working with a crack user who is psychotic/paranoid and wants to kill himself. or a heroin users who has no life without the drug.

Govt stats are bullshit. I doubt it really some maybe, but stats are generated from a small percentage of the population so care needs to be given to the way they are used. Most stats are generated by independent organisations and academic institute and sold to the govt.

finally not all research is funded by pharmaceutical companies, and research to be validated (and therefore useable) has to be published in a peer review journal. peer review means it is checked for sound scientific methodology and that the date is not compromised by whoever funded the research.
  • Options
    There are calls for MDMA to be used in a medical setting because it has proven itself to be very effective for that purpose. There was a lot of research done within the US before it was made illegal there in the early 80's.

As for 'dodgy' things being in pills, well everything I've heard is that pills are actualy getting purer. Most pills these days are a small dose of MDMA in the region of 50mg.
    Contary to public opinion there are very very few pills that would actualy contain anything that would do you serious harm. I would say that the biggest threat is the price, with pills going for a pound why not take 6 or more on a night out.

As for chemists, well as with all proffessions you get some good some bad, there is a lot of MDMA that isnt made that well, leaving traces of MDA behind and not giving a 'clear' high. But there are still some producers making good pills.

If people test their pills, stop buying in clubs and demand quality then consumers can make a difference.
  • Options
    hobbs;i can't remember who the scientist was..it was in the Daily Mail on Saturday.
  • Options
    john the bricke;
    Time for E's to be tested me think, as thats the only reason people die on them. Pure MDMA is actually good and there is hardly any come down from it.

I would whole heartedly aggree with you that pills need to be tested but to suggest that pure MDMA is a safe chemical is just plain wrong. As a stimulant it has a serious impact on the heart, lungs and other organs. It also could well have a serious impact on brain chemistry, we just dont know.

Yes I would aggree that it has the potencial for use within a medical setting but research needs to be carried out, picking up where the AMA left off when MDMA was banned in the US.