Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oh dear, what should I do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay... here goes!

I started working at a new (temporary) job a few weeks ago, and I met this really fantastic girl. We don't talk an awful lot, and when we do talk, it's not often for long, because we're usually in the middle of jobs. Anyway, (you guessed it) I'm absolutely crazy about her... I have no idea if she feels the same way, though. She always gives me a big toothy smile when she walks past, but perhaps she's just being friendly.

However, there are two problems. First of all, she's a year older than me. I'm 20, and she's 21. Though it's not a huge difference, it doesn't exactly give me the greatest confidence. Also, I think she might be finishing this Friday, which gives me a whopping TWO DAYS to do anything about it :( I guess I've left everything too late, as per usual *le sigh* Part of me wants to ask her if she wants to go for lunch tomorrow, but, on the other hand, would that not be too forward, especially as we don't talk a great deal?

Anyway, if any of you can give any advice whatsoever, it would be greatly appreciated!

P

Comments

• Options
    Ask her to Lunch my friend.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. At least it'll give you the chance to have a chat, and sure she might be leaving, but you might still keep in touch afterward.

Go for it dude!! :D
  • Options
    Okay, you've convinced me :D

So now I'll just have to pluck up the courage to ask her. I bet I'll spend all night running through all the different scenarios in my mind..

Gah, I feel like such a child!
  • Options
    I can really talk after my own post but I guess it is easier to tell someone.

Don't rehearse to much, it'll sound too planned. Just wait in the morning till you get a little chat and ask her just as she's about to leave. Not at the very last minute but just before you know she is gonna go. You'll see the signs. I would just wait, then say something like 'Hey, if you've got nothing planned fancy lunch?'

Be as cool as a cucumber dude and you'll be fine!!!!

Random on MP3 player = Christmas songs in July :eek2:

• Options
    nothing ventured nothing gained go for it if you don't you will only regret not doing so
  • Options
    Well i know its pretty nerve racking but the best thing is to ask her then at least she knows your interested in her and like her before she leaves, if she doesn't want to go to lunch then you want feel too awkard about it as you wont be working with her after that, theres not much else i can say but just ask her ! :)
  • Options
    What happened then?
  • Options
    I couldn't do it :( I found out she was actually two years older than me, so I decided that it was probably pointless. I still have a big freakin' crush on her, but I know I'll only end up embarrassing myself if I ask her out...
  • Options
    You say shes leaving soon? Well why dont you just ask for her number? Or ask her to exchange numbers? Tell her that maybe you could meet up sometime to see how each other are doing and would she give you her number incase you decide to do so?...