Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

results day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
im really nerous now! i have to get my results the only prob is that i go on holiday the day of the results and i know im going to miss the deadline for clearing etc! i am so so scared :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm really nervous too - you aren't on your own. I can't sleep properly, when I think about it rationally there's no reason why I shouldn't have got the grades I need but until you open that envelope you're never sure.

If the worst does happen and you miss the deadline, you can always take a year out, get some money behind you or do some voluntary work and reapply next year. But hopefully it won't happen and you'll almost definitely just go "why was I worrying over nothing?".
  • Options
    Originally posted by kevlar85
    I'm really nervous too - you aren't on your own. I can't sleep properly, when I think about it rationally there's no reason why I shouldn't have got the grades I need but until you open that envelope you're never sure.

If the worst does happen and you miss the deadline, you can always take a year out, get some money behind you or do some voluntary work and reapply next year. But hopefully it won't happen and you'll almost definitely just go "why was I worrying over nothing?".

i know i have done well on the health and social care as it is mainly cswk but as soon as i go into an exam i mess up, i have failed ALL alevel exams so far AS were fine Alevel however i have worked 100% harder yet still have failed 4 retook them this time i missed out HALF of the paper!!! :(

i want this more than anything if i go away that morning how do i get my results? :( im going abroad on the same day in the morning will get off the plane 2 hours after the school closes!

being in lanzarote i cant get my mail telling me about clearing and the results even accepting an offer! what do i do???? :(
  • Options
    Results?!? What results?

Did I take A-levels??

(ssssshhhhh I am in denial. :( )

So are you going to get your results in the morning before you go on holiday?

Is there anyone you could get to open your mail and help with phoning etc. back home? Like a friend? You could pay them!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    i know i have done well on the health and social care as it is mainly cswk but as soon as i go into an exam i mess up, i have failed ALL alevel exams so far AS were fine Alevel however i have worked 100% harder yet still have failed 4 retook them this time i missed out HALF of the paper!!! :(

i want this more than anything if i go away that morning how do i get my results? :( im going abroad on the same day in the morning will get off the plane 2 hours after the school closes!

being in lanzarote i cant get my mail telling me about clearing and the results even accepting an offer! what do i do???? :(

So you've done well on one exam already and you did fine on the AS exams so that will help you out - in fact its almost better to do really well in some units and badly in others because they're all worth the same. Take my economics exam for example - my grades in my units last year were A B C then I did unit 4 in January and got an A for that too - you'd expect my overall mark to be a B right? In fact it was an A. I got a C for my Politics Unit 4 but I got ABA for my units last year and I'm still on an A overall. My point is you've got a secure base so that's a good start and everyone thinks they messed up their exams especially during the waiting and it never usually turns out to be as bad as you think.

The school get your results the day before, maybe you could ask them if you could pick them up early because of your holiday? I wouldn't expect them to say yes though but it's worth a try. To be honest I'm surprised you booked your holiday for now - my school and uni both told me to make sure I was free for a fortnight after the results so I could sort out all the admin or whatever, I'm surprised no-one told you the same thing. It depends what you want to do - you could get a relative to pick up your results for you if you tell the school and work through that relative while on holiday. Take the phone numbers you'll need with you on holiday - of the university, the school, some friends so you can still get in touch with them on holiday. Get your relative to open your mail and fill it in with you over the phone. It's not the ideal situation but you can work with it.
  • Options
    ....Is less than two weeks away!

I am pooing myself. :nervous: :( :crying:

I see it as this though:

If exam results are your biggest worry in life; life is good. :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    [BI see it as this though:

If exam results are your biggest worry in life; life is good. :yes: [/B]

so so true;) :)

hmmm this time in 2 weeks, im going to be very hungover due to much celebratory/commiseratory drinking :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*

this is not quite the same but when it was my results day my boyfriend had to go away about 2 days afterwards because he was doing a flying scholarship with the RAF. So he didn't miss results day but he didn't quite get the results he needed and had to try and sort out whether his first choice would take him or whether he would have to go to his insurance place. He still hadn't found out before he went away but his dad was able to sort it all out on his behalf. So if you're going away then a relative should be able to sort things out for you. Will you have a phone on you in Lanzarote so they can get in touch with you if needed?
  • Options
    I'm not awaiting the results of any examination (I did my A Levels ages ago), but the best of luck to all of you. :)