Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What does it mean

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay just a quick thread im just wondering what some of you people think my signature means???? in your opinions

Comments

• Options
    that you have been reading an unsavoury amount of edgar allan poe.....you will understand the guy better when your older apparently
  • Options
    let me guess................

something to do with death? :eek2:
  • Options
    Yeah i love Egdar allen poe he rules

something to do with death? :eek2: [/B][/QUOTE]
  • Options
    no fucking idea...wierd :eek2:
  • Options
    I've been meaning to read the work of Poe, everyone's heard of The Raven but I'd like to read more. As of yet I don't know what you're sig is about, the first part maybe birth from the perspective of the baby in the womb? I don't know.
  • Options
    Re: What does it mean
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Okay just a quick thread im just wondering what some of you people think my signature means???? in your opinions

all I know is you signature takes up to much space :|
  • Options
    Re: What does it mean

It means pretty much the same as mine!
  • Options
    nobody cares to be honest what your sig means :rolleyes:
  • Options
    its a bit feckin deep isnt it? chill out! :)
  • Options
    to be honest i think the most beautiful poetry is usually the simplest.

for example i find a lot of song lyrics more touching than poems.

poems to me seem over-constructed, laboured and forced.
  • Options
    Just back to feed cat but.

I think the first means

You are on the other side wondering what will happen when you go through to that other side and the second means you are just there and when a new time comes, we will become forgotten.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the Simpsons take of The Raven? Fantastic, little bart as a crow, "never more".

As for reading loads of depressing poetry (or even writing it), well virtualy teenager I knew did it, its a phase I guess, very self indulgent and altogether a little pointless, but hay we all do it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Has anyone seen the Simpsons take of The Raven? Fantastic, little bart as a crow, "never more".

As for reading loads of depressing poetry (or even writing it), well virtualy teenager I knew did it, its a phase I guess, very self indulgent and altogether a little pointless, but hay we all do it.

Well half the second one means that human/us are blinded and only see the good in the world and that we do not see the terror or the bad that is going on
  • Options
    Pretty meloncholy (sp?) and pessimistic... Having a bad day? :p
  • Options
    CHILL OOT MA MAN! :lol:
  • Options
    Well half the second one means that human/us are blinded and only see the good in the world and that we do not see the terror or the bad that is going on
    thats a pile of shit then innit!
  • Options
    mmmmmm ok:confused:
  • Options
    the first one could be about adolence (cant spell) and how adulthood can be quite scary - or it could be about overcoming a drink problem or a number of things.

The second seems complex. It probably trying to show that we often over believe our impact on the world - and how significant we are. When in fact in the whole period of time we are nothing. And I dont understand the whole thing about 'ancients' ?
  • Options
    Well thnx for all your opnions they are great (most)
  • Options

Hmmm...personally I would say it means we are only on this world a short time and that we are here to seek and enjoy the pleasures, that we believe ourselves to be very important and have huge Egos but when we are gone our presence on this earth will mean very little!
    And also that Nature is the one in control so however much we try to control and 'improve' our environment, nature will always take it back.

Personally I think that you (Or your English teacher??) have interpreted the words in a very basic and incorrect way!