Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i'm off to do some gardening, ooh arr!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My parents have gone away for two weeks and last night i had a phone call from my mum, to say that my dad bought some plants last week and forgot to do anything with them, could i possibly plant them?? i haven't got a clue about gardening, i'm just going to dig a hold, stick them in, cover them up and throw a bit of water on them. do you think that's all they need?

Comments

• Options
    Re: i'm off to do some gardening, ooh arr!
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    i'm just going to dig a hold, stick them in, cover them up and throw a bit of water on them. do you think that's all they need?

that should do it...

or try to find a gardening site and have a look.
  • Options
    If you can find some fertilliser - might be something like blood and bone meal, or it might just be called plant fertilliser - put a bit of that in the hole before you put the plant in. Give it plenty of water.
  • Options
    Heres what to do - Water the plants an hour before you plant them and leave them to feed on the water, then dig a hole skightly bigger than the plant pot.

Take the plant pot and put your two fingers by your thumb on either side of the stalk of the plant close to the top of the pot, then flip the pot over and tap the bottom of it with your other hand, hopefully the whole plant should slip out of the pot,

then carefully place the plant (Tight way up) into the hole and firmly press the soil round the root. Then water and wait!!
  • Options
    thanks for the advice guys! i've done it now. the plants weren't in pots, i think my dad just nicked them from a field or something :eek: god knows what we're going to get growing in our garden - if they ever do grow that is! i think they're meant to be dog daisies!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    *pats you on the back*

nice one :)

all done and dusted - and 3 hours to plant a few daisys ... am impressed, hehe

:p

took me 2 and a half hours to find a trowel!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    was it in the bathroom or in the airing cupboard? *silly smirk*

God was it you who put it there??? *glares* So not funny!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    god knows what we're going to get growing in our garden -
    cannabis ...and if the old bill come round he can now say you planted them! parents aye ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    cannabis ...and if the old bill come round he can now say you planted them! parents aye ...

:lol:

that would cause some scandal in our village!