Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wife for sale

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A north Wales man has withdrawn his wife from a internet auction and insists his action was "a joke".
Andy Hoyle advertised his 30-year-old wife Mel on eBay.co.uk where the top bid was £640, but husband Andy said: "I couldn't let her go for that...really she's priceless.

"I also had a man who wanted to swap Mel for a 1000cc Honda VTR SP1 motorbike, and he said he'd throw in the boots, gloves and leathers as part of the deal."

The idea for putting Mel, a hairdresser up for sale came when the Wrexham couple were looking at a the eBay website where contributors put up goods for auction.

"I asked Mel what we could put up and she laughed and said 'Why not me'" said Andy, 34, a satellite and aerial installer.

"We did if for a giggle, and I'm sure that most of the bids we got in were from people with the same sense of humour."

The site got 3,830 hits for Mel before Andy decided to withdraw her from bidding.

"I had a few offers for part exchange and swaps, a lot of them offering an older model. There was no way I was going to trade down," he laughed.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Wife for sale
    Originally posted by Type R
    A north Wales man has withdrawn his wife from a internet auction and insists his action was "a joke".
    Andy Hoyle advertised his 30-year-old wife Mel on eBay.co.uk where the top bid was £640, but husband Andy said: "I couldn't let her go for that...really she's priceless.

"I also had a man who wanted to swap Mel for a 1000cc Honda VTR SP1 motorbike, and he said he'd throw in the boots, gloves and leathers as part of the deal."

The idea for putting Mel, a hairdresser up for sale came when the Wrexham couple were looking at a the eBay website where contributors put up goods for auction.

"I asked Mel what we could put up and she laughed and said 'Why not me'" said Andy, 34, a satellite and aerial installer.

"We did if for a giggle, and I'm sure that most of the bids we got in were from people with the same sense of humour."

The site got 3,830 hits for Mel before Andy decided to withdraw her from bidding.

"I had a few offers for part exchange and swaps, a lot of them offering an older model. There was no way I was going to trade down," he laughed.

I saw that, it was so cool, the description he made of her was really funny! It's good to know that it was a mutual thing and they're a happy couple :)