Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Forget Class C

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you honestly support making cannabis 100% legal...think about it, the government would put a huge tax on it, weed and hash might not be as good because the government would say it causes harm with too much thc :rolleyes: growing might not be permitted because the government might see themselves as losing money....but on the other hand if it was made legal hash and weed could get alot better, there would still be a black market for it, that will never go away....at least if it were made legal it wouldn't be a crime, if it was made legal(highly unlikely within the next 5 years) what way would it be bought, just in a shop over the counter *can i have a nice big ounce of weed please* :D even though an ounce wouldn't be allowed for personal use, too much even though most heavish users could smoke an ounce very quickly...what age would you have to be to have the weed?16/18/21? I think 18 would be an okay age for it.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Forget Class C
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Would you honestly support making cannabis 100% legal...think about it, the government would put a huge tax on it, weed and hash might not be as good because the government would say it causes harm with too much thc :rolleyes: growing might not be permitted because the government might see themselves as losing money....but on the other hand if it was made legal hash and weed could get alot better, there would still be a black market for it, that will never go away....at least if it were made legal it wouldn't be a crime, if it was made legal(highly unlikely within the next 5 years) what way would it be bought, just in a shop over the counter *can i have a nice big ounce of weed please* :D even though an ounce wouldn't be allowed for personal use, too much even though most heavish users could smoke an ounce very quickly...what age would you have to be to have the weed?16/18/21? I think 18 would be an okay age for it.
    limits for personal use aren't put on the killer nicotine or the killer alcohol. weed doesn't kill ...
    whats wrong with cannabis cafes and smoking clubs as outlets?
    your only seeing it as it is now, which makes it hard for you to see how it could be.
    remember ...it used to be legal and in victorian times a huge amount of people used the stuff ...they wouldn't have been able to envisage it one day being ilegal. same with opium. the cheap version for the workers was laudanum or opium tincture ...opium dissolved in alcohol. don't loose sight of the fact that the two main legal drugs of pleasure are mass killers and causes of deformity and other misery. tobacco use quite often results in amputation of a leg or an arm ...cannabis is in a different league to these evils. so whats the problem with your vision of what could be shogun? you either believe or you don't. maybe you don't realy believe it to be safer than alcohol and/or tobacco?
    i believe totaly in it's legalisation and you'll find it very haed to produce evidence that will make me change my mind after all these years.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Forget Class C
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    limits for personal use aren't put on the killer nicotine or the killer alcohol. weed doesn't kill ...
    whats wrong with cannabis cafes and smoking clubs as outlets?
    your only seeing it as it is now, which makes it hard for you to see how it could be.
    remember ...it used to be legal and in victorian times a huge amount of people used the stuff ...they wouldn't have been able to envisage it one day being ilegal. same with opium. the cheap version for the workers was laudanum or opium tincture ...opium dissolved in alcohol. don't loose sight of the fact that the two main legal drugs of pleasure are mass killers and causes of deformity and other misery. tobacco use quite often results in amputation of a leg or an arm ...cannabis is in a different league to these evils. so whats the problem with your vision of what could be shogun? you either believe or you don't. maybe you don't realy believe it to be safer than alcohol and/or tobacco?
    i believe totaly in it's legalisation and you'll find it very haed to produce evidence that will make me change my mind after all these years.

But that would happen, there would be limits because the government see it as bad, of course i don't see weed bad in anyway at all, there would be nothing wrong with cafes and smoking clubs.No problem with what could be but im just looking at it from a different point of view, i would love to see cannabis totally accepted by society, it would be a great day. I DO believe it is ALOT safter than alcohol and tobacco, alcohol causes fights, breaks up families, causes thousands of deaths, hangovers, does weed cause any of this? NO...it may cause a slight 'whitey' if you smoke too much but that is short lived and happens very rarely now anyway.
    mroll, if it was legal do you honestly think the government would give the right for people to grow it in their own home...cannabis connects people with a different spirtual world for a short time, long time if you want and you come back with little side effects, a bit of tiredness and that is it, maybe bloodshot eyes but that's a small price to pay.
  • Options
    If its going to be done it needs to be done properly, even decriminalisation is crap as anyone who knows anything about the Dutch example knows.

But, well this government doesnt really have a great history on getting things right and making sensible yet bold choices.
  • Options
    But, well this government doesnt really have a great history on getting things right and making sensible yet bold choices

It sure dosen't... :no: