Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Odai and Qusai were poopay in the end.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
They died near a toilet. :yes:

Comments

• Options
    That's good considering there is little proof of their deaths.

The Iraqi people may need to see photo evidence in order to believe what the Americans are saying.
  • Options
    I knew they'd get it in the end.:rolleyes:

And they deserve to be the butt of my jokes.:D
  • Options
    Have you seen the photos! they are such bad shots, You'd think the US would have a better camera or technology...unfortunately these photos don't confirm anything to me...I'm prepared to believe it but I'd need a lot more proof that that I'm getting from a known liar!!
  • Options
    the blood splattered photos are on CNN.:yuck:
  • Options
    agreed byny. Hard to tell, but I didn't look long either.
  • Options
    I guess the biggest problem is not convincing you or me but the Iraqis...

As it has become the norm (daisy cutters in Tora Bora, 2,000 lb bombs that vaporise buildings, etc etc) disproportionate firepower and incurable trigger-happiness make it almost impossible for the US to prove or even know whether they got their men.

For all we know both Osama and Saddam could long be dead but the problem when you use the equivalent of nukes to kill a few men is that there is nothing left to confirm or deny a 'kill'.
  • Options
    Lean closer. I don't wanna yell this out. Well, I heard that Osama and Saddam were seen entering a cave with a goat and the goat left the cave with smeared lipstick -hot pink color - on his lips. :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Lean closer. I don't wanna yell this out. Well, I heard that Osama and Saddam were seen entering a cave with a goat and the goat left the cave with smeared lipstick -hot pink color - on his lips. :yes:

Lean closer... *headbutts you* :lol:;)

So what are you saying PNJ? That Saddam and Osama have set up a love shack with Mrs Thatcher? :eek:
  • Options
    headbutts blahaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lol:

Been raining so much this week, I'm going stir crazy.

Why, I feel like I'm in Belguim.

Come-on Clandestiny's Child. Come-on.:hyper:
  • Options
    Actually its been sunny and hot lately actually. Not much in the way of rain.
  • Options
    WE got tons of tropical rain this week. Great thunderstorms...whoweeee.

sun's com'in out. Surf's up dude.:thumb:
  • Options
    disproportionate firepower and incurable trigger-happiness

Of course being a combat veteran yourself with as much knowledge of warfare and the enemy as the US High Command you would know how much firepower was required?
  • Options
    You don't need to be an expert Mat to evaluate what constitutes reasonable force.

During the last century 80% of casualties in a war were soldiers. Now up to 90% can be civilians. It is a well known fact that the US government has made its top priority to ensure no soldiers die in combat. They are happy to carpet-bomb hundreds of square miles or use devices with the force of a nuclear bomb so not a single one of their soldiers is killed in combat if they can help it.

You might think there is nothing wrong with this. I disagree.

Although I'm not suggesting soldiers are sent to charge machine gun nests on foot like they did in WWI, political interference and disregard for other people's human lives mean that the US government is perfectly happy to devastate an entire area and risk killing hundreds of civilians just in case one or two of their soldiers get killed. This is ludicrous beyond belief.

And even if there no civilians in the area, the use of nuclear-like devices in Tora Bora means that they will never know who they kill or didn't kill. As far as I'm concerned they only have themselves to blame for the mystery regarding the whereabouts of bin Laden.
  • Options
    ...were soldiers. Now up to 90% can be civilians.

That's not accurate Aladdin - - although I really like some of your other points. Civilians in WW2 were considered legitimate targets. Read about Dresdon Germany. The destruction and deaths were meant to humiliate the populace into surrender. The accuracy of the US bombs and methods used in the Iraqi war prevented a great loss of civilian lives. In fact, the Iraqi armies, Muslims, caused many of the deaths of its own people. The BBC has blood on its hands for not reporting that accurately. And in fact contrary to the uneducated Arab World, rather than the US being on a crusade, we got rid of a regime who killed more Muslims than any other in recent history. That's the truth and Muslims worldwide need to come to grips with that.
  • Options
    Oh give it a rest Mat, the US High Command are a bunch of pompous stuffed shirts interested more in maintaining obsecenely high budget allocations than in resolving conflict.

They create "enemies" for every day of the week to suit their extortion of US tax dollars which they funnel into ever more elaborate projects of mass destruction, arms proliferation and propaganda campaigns in support of corrupt administrations like the current one.
  • Options
    Seems we have our ignorant and ill informed Jock back again hiding like a coward behind pnj's name.

For your info jocko, the Arab world is far from uneducated and Iraqi society least of all. Most Iraqi's could run circles around your neanderthilic IQ without blinking an eyelash.

Youd best go bury your head in your textbooks and try learning the truth of the world you seem to think you know via Fox News and its sensationalistic drivel.

You might also go study some history about those genocides to learn how big a part Washington played in arming and instructing Saddam to use whatever means necessary to fight against Iran to further our political agenda in the region.

The sort of historic context you wont find Fox News or CNN inforrming the public of.