Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

VAT inspectors find 2 tonnes of puff!

Did anyone else hear this news story, it was actualy in the business section of my weekend paper.

Aparently some VAT inspectors were checking out this company and while looking about came accross 2 tonnes of puff. I'll try and find a link to it.

What was interesting about the story was that it made none of the news, 2 tonnes is quite a lot but the story was tucked away in the business section. I guess puff isnt news worthy anymore.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Two tonnes? bloody heck! We could all get very stoned with two tonnes :D found an article on it yet?
  • Options
    Here it is;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/3042150.stm

I'm not sure if it will turn into a funky link, if not, well just cut and paste, you lazy...
  • Options
    2 tonnes :hyper: :hyper: i wish i had 2 tonnes thats alot of smoking
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    sounds like its got something to do with organised crime, with all the guns n stolen cars. bit too much for just a bit of vat advoidance....
  • Options
    It does show that a lot of criminals are involved in a mix of crimes and it shows that just because some one deals in pot doesnt mean they are nice people.
  • Options
    i think it all that organised crime shit gives a bad name to the nice chill out people who just smoke pot to be calm and stuff. its like everyone thinks immediately about violence and lying and stuff wen they find out you smoke it and things. Its just not fair!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ice queen
    i think it all that organised crime shit gives a bad name to the nice chill out people who just smoke pot to be calm and stuff. its like everyone thinks immediately about violence and lying and stuff wen they find out you smoke it and things. Its just not fair!
    it may not be fair but it is reality. the people who bring you your sweeties do so at great risk from differing international authorities and smaller local ones. risk from someone wanting to hyjack their hardwork and money...hence the shooters. if you had two ton of dope that you had so far carried around without any loss you'd be wise to get a gun cos if word gets out that there is that much lying around someone is going to try and relieve you of it ...probably at gunpoint.
    most of these men and women have wives and husbands and kids and few of them are evil people. they are pirates and desperados. just like smugglers of old.
    so lets not get to preachy and judgemental, lest it lead you to your own hypocrisy. who paid for the guns? who pays these peoples wages? you!you are their employer their paymaster ...i think some of you conveniantly swap this round. your the ones in charge. stop demanding something that is ilegal and it will vanish. your in charge not 'them'. or campaign vigorously for the control of all drugs of pleasure. control by the government. by the people. it is the absurd laws that create the violence and big money ...and of course ...you.
  • Options
    Exactly, if you dont want to fund these type of people then grow your own.

How much do you recon they paid for that 2 tonnes and whats the mark up? Seems a lot to carry around for probally not a massive return.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Exactly, if you dont want to fund these type of people then grow your own.

How much do you recon they paid for that 2 tonnes and whats the mark up? Seems a lot to carry around for probally not a massive return.
    they will have paid about a fiver an ounce i reckon ...if were talking standard government issue. then all the expenses on top will have pushed it to just under ten pounds an ounce. they will get twenty to thirty pounds an ounce if they are lucky. there isn't a great deal of money in dope smuggling unless you can seriously cut costs. but plenty of people are in the bizz who pull in anything from one to ten grand a week which usualy goes into a legit bizz.
  • Options
    I suppose the closing margins is part of the reason why there is a lot less morrocan hash around these days, as I've said before I've been offered single oz's for £30-40, theres got to be very little profit on that.
  • Options
    I know, a good while ago i used to get ounces for £70, then £60 and now £50, its better over in England.
  • Options
    prices have changed a hell of a lot latley, about a year ago there was a real lot of hash going about in sheffield that was amazingly good, it was easily double the strength of the stuff i get here in hull..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I know, a good while ago i used to get ounces for £70, then £60 and now £50, its better over in England.
    shogun where are you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    shogun where are you?

N.Ireland
  • Options
    N.Ireland
    for some reason i thought you were a londoner! i'll be in n. ireland around february i think ...let you know
    at a later date and maybe meet up for a beer aye?
  • Options
    for some reason i thought you were a londoner! i'll be in n. ireland around february i think ...let you know
    at a later date and maybe meet up for a beer aye?

a londoner :no: yea a beer or two, where abouts in n.ireland you going?
  • Options
    a londoner :no: yea a beer or two, where abouts in n.ireland you going?
    don't know exactly but i'll be in the town where the holyhead ferry docks for two days. then 2 in dublin and 2 in belfast. or thereabouts.
  • Options
    don't know exactly but i'll be in the town where the holyhead ferry docks for two days. then 2 in dublin and 2 in belfast. or thereabouts.

well im not too far from belfast or dublin really.
  • Options
    How can you be too far from both Dublin and Belfast? I thought they were quite far apart, maybe I'm wrong.

I really liked N.Ireland when I was there a while ago, although to be honest the giants causeway wasnt quite as impressive as I had hoped, the northern coast is very preaty though.

I went on a tour of Belfast too which made me feel really uncomfortable, I wish I hadnt done it, I didnt realise it was going to end up like some safari tour, it was grim, all the people we were with were taking photos and that. Not nice.