Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question everything and everyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Good policy? If you say yes, that means you have to question the truth/validity of the liberal press or candidates...even if you are a liberal.

Also, at what point does questioning everything lead to being cynical which in turn leads to feeling powerless and angry?

The alternative: blind faith and patriotism. The dangers there are obvious...wars we don't need, the rich getting richer.

So what do we do?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Always question everything.

There is always something lurking behind an issue, that needs to be revealed.

Cynicism in doses is vital.
  • Options
    Thanks EU. That was interesting.
  • Options
    A good start is to smash corporate ownership of the media and force them out of the few hands that currently control them.

Sadly the only true liberal media is independent and thus largely fringe media (i.e. on the internet). The mainstream media as a whole has long since ceased to refelct any true liberal bias and is by and large more concerned with maintaining whatever status quo suits its immediate profit interests.

The next step would be to outlaw all special interest contributions to the political arena whatsoever. No purse strings no vested interests being pandered to. That of course includes all corporate monies, especially from the biggest secotrs of criminal collusion (Energy and Military Contractors).

Get past those monumental hurdles and then there would be scope for further examination of the matter.
  • Options
    Re: Question everything and everyone?
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Good policy? If you say yes, that means you have to question the truth/validity of the liberal press or candidates...even if you are a liberal.

Also, at what point does questioning everything lead to being cynical which in turn leads to feeling powerless and angry?

The alternative: blind faith and patriotism. The dangers there are obvious...wars we don't need, the rich getting richer.

So what do we do?:confused:

I don't understand..you are aiming this at liberals?
    There are plenty of people from all sorts of political viewpoints that still believe in Questioning everything...but you seem to think that it is only liberals who do so!!

I say...Never trust a proven liar.
    don't believe anything until you have the proof in front of you
    Don't base an opinion or an argument on an unsubstatiated story.
  • Options
    I say...Never trust a proven liar.
    don't believe anything until you have the proof in front of you
    Don't base an opinion or an argument on an unsubstatiated story.:yes:

Thread wasn't aimed at liberals.
  • Options
    It's perfectly natural to question things. In my mind most (in not all) forms of authority should be questioned?.