Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just 2 "buds" on a Texas ranch.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
FOR BERLUSCONI, the visit at the ranch is not only a thank-you from Bush for joining with Britain and Spain in support of the war. It’s an opportunity for the flamboyant Italian leader, the current president of the European Union, to say to the world that France and Germany aren’t the continent’s only powers.
Bush gave Berlusconi a warm welcome when he arrived by helicopter at the ranch late Sunday afternoon. Bush shook Berlusconi’s hand, draped an arm around him and patted him on the back. Berlusconi kissed first lady Laura Bush on the cheek. The two leaders, dressed in casual clothes, then climbed into Bush’s white truck — Mrs. Bush sat in the back seat — and drove off.
The White House said the visit will give the two leaders time to talk about stopping the spread of nuclear arms, achieving peace in the Middle East, fighting terror and mending fissures in trans-Atlantic relations.

Berlusconi is goind to help "mend fissures in trans-Atlantic relations?" :lol:

They also said in the article Spain and Italy are using America as leverage within the EU for power against France and Germany. That makes sense. I think.:crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    I like Berlusconi , and I thought his Nazi jibe was very funny , it showed us the true unity of the EU!
  • Options
    It cracked me up too. And talk about drama...sooo much was made of it. As if the rest of the EU is all about "international law". Please, have of them made money off of laundering Saddam's money.
  • Options
    Italy and Spain 'powers' of the EU? LOL.

Bush should be ashamed of embracing such a corrupt crook.

Then again, maybe he feels 'at home' with people of similar integrity around him.

No doubt Aznar and the PM of Australia, another two beacons of goodness and propriety, will be rewarded with a visit to the Master's ranch soon.
  • Options
    The Australian dude IS another bud. You're right Aladdin. Australia's big thing in the last few months is telling its people that it is their duty to go to unstable island-nations in the Pacific and help the govenments out before Al Qaeda makes bases their as they did in Indosnesia.