Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Man who could embarrass government possibly dead

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Police searching for the weapons expert suggested as the possible source for a BBC story on Iraq say the body they have found matches Dr David Kelly's appearance.
The government says an independent judicial inquiry will be held into the circumstances of his death if the body is confirmed to be that of Dr Kelly.

The body was found at 0920 BST by a member of the police team searching for Dr Kelly in a wooded area at Harrowdown Hill, near Faringdon, Oxfordshire.

Government adviser Dr Kelly, 59, has denied being the source of a BBC story on claims that a dossier on Iraq was "sexed up".

He left his home in Southmoor, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, at about 1500 BST on Thursday and his family reported him missing at 2345 BST the same day.

The body was found lying on the ground, around five miles from Dr Kelly's home, a police spokeswoman said.

Acting superintendent Dave Purnell said formal identification would take place on Saturday and the case was being treated as an "unexplained death".

"We will be awaiting the results of the post mortem and also waiting while the forensic examination continues at the scene at Harrowdown Hill," he added.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Man who could embarrass government possibly dead
    Originally posted by byny
    Man who could embarrass government possibly dead
    i thought you were about to announce that john prescot had crashed in one of his jags!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Man who could embarrass government possibly dead
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i thought you were about to announce that john prescot had crashed in one of his jags!
    How could you think such a thing!

Poor Jag!!
  • Options
    Tony Blair probably got him killed so nothing could get out
  • Options
    Or he committed suicide out of guilt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fairy
    Tony Blair probably got him killed so nothing could get out
    Am I the only person who finds this unlikely?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Am I the only person who finds this unlikely?

No, i find this very unlikely because Blair believes that anything he has done is right for the country.
  • Options
    unlikely yes, but i have to admit it did cross my mind.
  • Options
    i doubt tony blair is the man at the top.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    prince philip is the real godfather ...bit like bernhard manning but with influence.
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo

as i always get told...the government you see is just a face, ever-changing, the people running the country never change and control the government's (that we see) every action.

if it wasnt phrased that well then i'll sort it later...
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    as i always get told...the government you see is just a face, ever-changing, the people running the country never change and control the government's (that we see) every action.
    That's what I feel about governments too. The actual elected party doesn't make too much of a difference. Sure, they bring in some policies, make some small changes, do knee-jerk reaction type of policies and laws to public outrage to make themselves look good, but that's about it.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    if you read 'yes minister', although it's a comedy you'll see the undertones of who actually has the power in the country....