Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bisexuality?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hmmmm...

Basically, the last year or so, I've kinda known I've been bi, and it's all really weird.

I suppose part of me does worry that people I know that don't know that I'm bi could stop wanting to be around me, because I have kinda denied it for so long, so I could work it out in my own head for myself, and because I did worry about people not accepting me for it. It's only like five or so of my close friends that actually know that I'm bi, I do worry about what others are gonna think when things all come out in the open.

For me, it's just totally not a big deal, I don't really see myself being in a gay relationship for any length of time, I suppose it's the physical side of it all that I get off on (how slutty did that sound?), but long term I'd probably be more with a girl than a guy. If that makes sense.

It's more what other people are gonna think that worries me, and I'm one who likes to be open about things, and not hide things from people I care about.

So yeah, do you think there is a need to tell the people who don't know about it, and like how should I approach the whole thing?

Sorry if that made no sense :(

Comments

• Options
    Well others may disaggree with me but I wouldnt tell that many people, well unless you feel you need to. What business is it of theirs if you bedroom has matching/unmatching genitals?

I've always been somewhat curious as to why people need to tell everyone thier sexuality, I'm not sleeping with you, I dont want to know. Although that doesnt really apply in this situation because your asking for help.

I know quite a few people who would describe thier sexuality as a 'grey area'. Its no big deal, whatever feels good at the time, its all groovy.

My advise? Just leave it as is, just tell people on an ad hoc basis, people you trust and know well.
  • Options
    Have to agree with BB on this one. What business is it of everyone to know your sexuality. I would only tell those people who are close to you and who you trust.

But if you choose to walk down the street with a "I'm Bi-Bri and proud" then that's your choice as well.

If people have a problem once you tell them then it is THEM who has a problem.
  • Options
    I thought you were :lol:

Its up to you really, It doesnt have to be everyones business, just those that are close to you, but if you want everyone to know then thats good too.

You may loose a couple of friends over it but at the end of the day are they worth it if thats their reaction ?

Good luck to ya bri

:D
  • Options
    i agree with BB about not telling people, i mean sure if it comes up, if people ask you, tell them if you want to but i guess these days most peoples (in my experience) reactions to people saying they are bi is not really good. Not in a hate way, but a lot of people just seem to think that you are just saying it for attention, or you are only doing it for attention and basically don't take you seriously.
    The other day i was at the pub and this guy kept trying to pick me up, i told him no a hundred times and then i told him i was gay, he just laughed at me and said "so what about next week, you going to be bi? Or are you just going to change your clothes to keep up with the fashions"
    Asshole
    anyway, i'm probably too emotional to answer this question properly.
    Hope it works out for you
  • Options
    Awwww thankyous :)

I know what you're all saying and I kinda think you're right. I should also probably have said that I've made a concious decision not to go telling my parents about it, mainly because it is all about sex, and it's not like I'm gonna end up with a bloke for eternity. Plus they are very much old fashioned style Catholics, which would make things 43266 times harder.

Appreciated more than you'll all know :)
  • Options
    I know obviously if you've been fighting with it for ages then you might want to tell some people now you've kind of figured it out. But most people really dont care and a lot will be a bit freeked out to hear it.
  • Options
    it was atomic kitten that gave it away :)

and anyone who doesnt want to hang around you because of your sexuality isnt exactly a friend eh?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Black Hole Sun
    anyone who doesnt want to hang around you because of your sexuality isnt exactly a friend eh?

That's exactly what I was gonna say! :)

If they make a big deal at first, they'll prob get over it soon, like when something exciting happens, they'll forget all about it. Well that's what I find they do anyway. If ya get me ;)
  • Options
    Your sexuality is really only your own business.I wouldn't dream of telling my arents that I'm bi,WAY too personal!B ecareful that those who you tell you can really trust.Does anyone here think that society thinks bi-sexuality is better amongst girls than boys?I think this may be the case?
  • Options
    Originally posted by shybutsexygirl
    .Does anyone here think that society thinks bi-sexuality is better amongst girls than boys?I think this may be the case?

Hmm... Yeah maybe now you mention it but I'm not sure. I certainly know more bi girls than boys but maybe that's cos more girls admit it then boys... i don't know :confused:

My b/f's bi and he has a really difficult time, cos the people at school are too immature to respect his desicion about his sexuality. He got more stick for it than I did, so perhaps boys get it worse than girls when they come out, I dunno :rolleyes: :confused:
  • Options
    Once again...how the hell did it get past me?! :p I had no idea :no:

Nah lovey best of luck to ya, fuck the people who cant see past the whole sexuality bit. Well not fuck them literally but yeah you know what i mean! :D
  • Options
    I kinda figured you were from when I first chatted to you on here (that's going back quite a while) Didn't bother me then and doesn't now:)
  • Options
    Why the need to label yourself? I wouldnt personally say you were bi anyway, if you wouldnt want a relationship with a guy. I would say you are bi-curious, or open minded. Open minded.
  • Options
    well done for being brave darling- hold your head up high because no-one can take your pride away from you, you are what you are and to hell with the rest of them!
  • Options
    Good luck hun. They've already said it all, but good luck and your true mates wont care :)
  • Options
    Quick question; Would anyone of you say that you are totaly 50/50 bisexual?
    I know quite a few people who have experimented but then chosen as it were. Not that they dont find the same/other sex attractive but they prefer the other.
  • Options
    I wouldnt say i was 50/50

I cant keep a relationship going with women, because i just dont get on with a lot of them, its more of a physical thing.

With blokes its a lot less physical, and there are very few men i do fancy, but i can hold a relationship down with them for longer than a fortnight!

I really couldnt say if i was more into men or women, or equally into both. I just dont know.
  • Options
    well done for finally admitting it,(it was kinda obvious though)

as its been said,anyone who judges you by it isnt a mate and anyone who fucks off now needs slapping for not knowing darling your lovely n all but ya no,

hold your head up youve got nothing to be ashamed of you are what you are and its your problem,

im not going to say good luck cause it makes it sounds like you'll need it and people shallow enough to think that its a big issue arnt worth it.You dont need good luck to be bi,but being greedy helps:p
  • Options
    seconded! all of it..