Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

U.S. bests Germany, France for world geography title

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
U.S. bests Germany, France for world geography title

Three U.S. teenagers won the gold medal Wednesday in the National Geographic World Championship, beating teams from Germany and France to successfully defend the U.S. title in a contest held every two years.

Posted this just to say you people on this site are not always right.:p

Comments

• Options
    Dont think anyone ever suggested that every last AMerican is ingnorant of the outside world pnj. I was always quite good in geography myself but even my university friends thought Belgium was the capitol of Holland when i first moved over here. lol.

Its a matter of per capita awareness that has been commented on, and by and large most of our countrymen couldnt even name all 50 states let alone know where foreign countries are.
  • Options
    It's your President's geographical knowledge that worries us pnj.
  • Options
    Amen to that Al. The only maps he sees are those shown to him by Rumsfeld marking where the Pentagon wants to drop bombs.
  • Options
    Three out of 250 million... well, it's a start.... ;)
  • Options
    Well, when I visit you all in London, I'm gonna walk right up to the Japanese Prime Minister and tell him what I think of his citizens on the site.
  • Options
    LOL. major nonsequitor!