Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

rash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been making the most of the beautiful weather by doing all my studying outside the past couple fo days. I've been looking after myself though, with factor 20 sun lotion.

trouble is, i've come out in an awful itchy rash, and I don't know whether it's because of the sun or the sun lotion. I've never had a heat rash before, don't even know what one would look like. But I've also used this lotion before and didn't react to it.

I've got tiny little red spots all over my body, everywhere where i put the lotion (but also everywhere that has seen the sun). and they are REALLY itchy.

anyone know any good remedies?

Comments

• Options
    A cold shower & plenty of moisturiser afterwards.
  • Options
    i dont know if it helps....if its all over it may not, but i have cream for random rashid called Hc45....like e45 but not. but moisturise, and stay out of the sun, cover up. sounds like prickly heat to me.
  • Options
    thanks. i've been using calamine lotion today, which is helping soothe the itchiness, but it's got worse over night and during today, and i haven't been in the sun today :(
  • Options
    If you can get an appointment with your GP then do so.

It could be prickly heat:
    http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.asp?TopicID=370&AreaID=3877&LinkID=2952

Heat rash (inc. a picture of what it looks like):
    http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/SelfHelp/conditions/heatrsh/_im006.asp

As the website claims, prevention is better than cure, and once you started to get the rash you really should have stayed indoors! Hope it clears up soon.
  • Options
    i went to the doctors today (i was so lucky, there was a cancellation!!) and he said he thought it was more likely to be a reaction to the lotion i was using. i've got some cream and some antibiotics now. put the cream on before and it made it even more itchy :( but it should clear up soon!!

i've been in agony all day!!