Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who knows?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my friend were talking about my new avatar, he said nobody would know who he is, so how many of you all know who the guy in my avatar is.....

Comments

• Options
    Re: Who knows?
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Me and my friend were talking about my new avatar, he said nobody would know who he is, so how many of you all know who the guy in my avatar is.....
    funny but this thread wasn't here a mo ago and i just commented on your av in a nother thread!
    it the welsh folk hero howard marks.
  • Options
    yea, i posted it in anything goes, drugs and entertainment since he was a wide varity of jobs like having a school in pakistan,a massage parlour in Thailand, drugs smuggler and comedian.
  • Options
    Was just about to say in the 'excessive use' thread hat i like your av.. :) met him once a while ago, funny bloke. 'safe as fuck' as my mate referred to him.

Loving his books too :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Was just about to say in the 'excessive use' thread hat i like your av.. :) met him once a while ago, funny bloke. 'safe as fuck' as my mate referred to him.

Loving his books too :)

I have got both his books and read Mr.Nice and in themiddle of reading the book of dope stories, Mr.Nice is better though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I have got both his books and read Mr.Nice and in themiddle of reading the book of dope stories, Mr.Nice is better though.

On the mr nice vs dope stores... :yes: fully agree..
  • Options
    I know who he is, we had a debate about his merits a while ago if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    yes you remember correctly.
  • Options
    dude, this is the drugs forum! We're all gonna know who Howard Marks is!!

The mans a legend, and Mr Nice is an awesome book.
    Speaking of Mr Nice, has anyone ever smoked Mr nice? - its a strain i have at the moment, grew some and it is seriously awesome weed
    If anyone grows out there, do it, its a nice squat indica, finished in 45 days and gets me so stoned my teeth itch...

whats the book of dope stories like then, i was tempted but thought it might be rubbish
  • Options
    Originally posted by RobS

Speaking of Mr Nice, has anyone ever smoked Mr nice? - its a strain i have at the moment, grew some and it is seriously awesome weed
    If anyone grows out there, do it, its a nice squat indica, finished in 45 days and gets me so stoned my teeth itch...

whats the book of dope stories like then, i was tempted but thought it might be rubbish

Nah its not rubbish, if you have the money to spare its worth buying, but its not worth it if youre strapped for cash. Its ok though!

Haha it would be nice to think we all knew who howard marks is. I was talking to a few friends who piss me off with their immature 'we're hardcore stoners' attitude and 'i know more about cannabis than anybody' who when i mentioned howard marks all looked at me and said 'who the fuck is he'... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RobS

No i've never smoked it but seen it on websites for sale, i wish so much i could smoke that..its Mr Nice's weed, it's got to be good. you don't know how much i want to grow it :( and 45 days isn't too long to wait, how much would it produce?

Dope stories is okay if you want to know about cannabis and other drugs, alot of other drugs, its only £8, worth a read anyway, im still waiting on the library to get Snowblind in, it's taking about 3 weeks now, longer.
  • Options
    Is that 45 days from seed? I would doubt it, I know plants that have a 2.5 month cycle from cuttings but not that short.

Anyway you all should be reading more Hunter S Thompson, and not just Fear and Loathing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Anyway you all should be reading more Hunter S Thompson, and not just Fear and Loathing.

My mate lent me that book, couldnt read it because i didnt have time, so i bought the film instead :)
  • Options
    what others has he written?
  • Options
    Loads, he's written one other novel, The Rum Diary, and then there is all of his polictical writtings.
    The Great Shark Hunt is Fantastic.

He's a genius, perhaps the only living one, I think he is one of the best social comentators ever and clearly the best polictical writter this century.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    My mate lent me that book, couldnt read it because i didnt have time, so i bought the film instead :)

the film is brilliant, downloaded it, quite funny.
  • Options
    Depp and HST are good friends, he has got his way of talking and acting very well.

Hunter is a total idol of mine, a man who by all accounts should have died from terrible drug over doses more times than its possible to count, excaped conviction numerous times. And in general is a genius.

The movie isnt as good as the book and his other books are better. Although I do like Fear and Loathing, there is several levels to it, you can enjoy it as a stonner drug romp, but it really is a novel documenting the death of the American Dream, the death of the hippy movement, the slide of the US into the 80's.

Its a novel about nothing that says a lot.
  • Options
    I keep promising myself that ill read the book, im sure ill be able to concentrate on it & think about it a lot more.. and books are always better than the films!
  • Options
    Readings fantastic, doesnt really matter what it is. Well within reason.