Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Prostate Cancer/issues?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently, I have burning sensations when I use the toilet and my inner legs feel sore (prostate area?).

Is this a sign of prostate cancer? If not, what is it, and should I see a doctor? What are the common sign of cancer in this area? I am extremely worried and may soon tell my parents if it does not stop soon, but I thought I would seek advice and information online instead, first.

Comments

• Options
    I dont know about the symptoms of prostate cancer to be honest, but have you tried www.netdoctor.com ? there might be some useful information for you there.

Hope everything turns out ok, and remember to go and see your doctor, its very important even if you dont think you have prostate cancer, because whatever it is, there's obviously a problem. good luck
  • Options
    Go to the GP ASAP. It doesn't matter if it isn't cancer (which it probably isn't so be calm!). It won't be embarrassing, they see things like this every single day! If it is a male doctor, then he has one of his own and is bound to appreciate your concerns, so keep calm!

My boyfriend, any sign of a problem "down there" and he runs off to the docs, I am beginning to think our GP has seen his tackle more times than I have! :D
  • Options
    It could be anything including an STI, for example the burning sensation when you pee is a sign of Chlamydia among other things. Go and see your GP, we can't diagnose you over the net...
  • Options
    I now have 2 red 'scabs' on my 'bellend'. Im getting scared. I darent go the doctors nor tell my girlfriend or mum and dad. Shit, will it just go away?
  • Options
    Originally posted by LikeAStone
    Shit, will it just go away?
    Absolutely not.
    It'll only get worse and if it is a disease like Chlamydia then it could make you infertile.

Get to the doctors!
  • Options
    seriously mate, I know its embarrassing, but these doctors see things like this and worse every day. would you rather grin and bare 5 minutes with soneone who sees this all the time, or a lifetime of infertility and hence no children???