Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help - I want purple hair!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As subject says!

As it's so much cheaper to go to the hairdressers here than in England, I swore I'd make a trip to one before I finally go home. BUT....I haven't been to a hairdresser's for over 10 years (I kid ye not - my mum cuts my hair) and I wouldn't have a clue in English, let alone German!

What I want is basically the same style as now (maybe a couple of centimetres shorter) but with lots pink or purple highlights (not in streaks, but still very noticable, if that makes sense). What do you think? Would the hairdresser be able to guide me a bit and give me good suggestions if that sounds crap? I've been searching Google and can't really find any pictures that are anything like what I'm thinking of, can anyone direct me to somewhere good?

Here's a pic of my hair now. Sorry it's a bit dark..basically it's curly, with a diagonal parting, just past my chin. It's dyed a sort of reddy colour..that was meant to be purple actually, but it just turned into a bog standard red :mad: at home dye kits.

Comments

• Options
    and from the side....
  • Options
    You look like the girl off Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.

Sorry, I haven`t got a clue about your hair. *useless*
  • Options
    first this... http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=104887&RN=192 it comes with the highlighting cap and stuff too

and then use this... (just an example of the colors) http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=119542&RN=192
    http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=119540&RN=192

i've had my hair both of those, and it works really well
  • Options
    Yep, the hairdresser will be able to work wonders, however, it might not lookas you intend because you have curly hair.... just a thought....
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies, guys.

my_name - that stuff looks good, and I think I remember you posting a picture ages ago with funky coloured hair :thumb: but I think I want to brave the hairdresser for once in my life. Get a new experience, loike :D
  • Options
    my hair was purple a few weeks ago, i use loreal I think the make is, anyway it the new one with colour booster, you get 20% extra, so if like me, ya have really thick hair, its brill :D they have violet an purple, at the mo im ruby red ;)
  • Options
    here that was what mine was like when i had pink bits in. its not as bright as it was there (its bound to fade as you wash it) but you can sort of see i just had a couple of sections done. the rest of my hair was still blonde. that looks nice, if you pick some out from your fringe, and maybe have randomised pieces but not too much else you'll look crowded!
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    here that was what mine was like when i had pink bits in.

Ah, I thought that was you on the front page - you're gorgeous :thumb: What dye did you use?

I imagine it is difficult to do 'bits' of your hair different colours when it's culry - especially the bleaching part. Definitely one for the pro's.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    Ah, I thought that was you on the front page - you're gorgeous :thumb: What dye did you use?

I imagine it is difficult to do 'bits' of your hair different colours when it's culry - especially the bleaching part. Definitely one for the pro's.

:blush: awww fwanks! :D

erm... cant remember on the dye, but i'll have a look when I go inot town on Monday and try and remember to post it here.

It is quite hard, my hair is naturally wavey when its wet, so its a bit of a bastard, but if she straightened it first Im sure she'd be ok. I used all the foils on mine tho, so if you're not used to dying your hair, it might be an idea to get a pro (although sometimes they're funny on freaky colours, like most of them only have specific colours for you to choose from, and you dont always get it *exactly* how you want it) or a mate to do it, or at least help you to do it.

Or just practice on it, at the end of the day, if you buy a *normal* colour too, if it goes wrong, you can just dye the whole lot back again!!!
  • Options
    I've always had weird colours in my hair. Last year I had pink and blue extensions in and they lasted ages.

Since Christmas I've had bright red hair but I recently toned it down do it is wuite a dark rich purple, but I don't like it - too dull for my tastes.

My work has recently put a clause into our contract saying unnatural hair colours are banned - but the other girls all dye their hair this weird shade of reddy brown. I don't think I can get away with anything more extreme. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I've always had weird colours in my hair. Last year I had pink and blue extensions in and they lasted ages.

Since Christmas I've had bright red hair but I recently toned it down do it is wuite a dark rich purple, but I don't like it - too dull for my tastes.

My work has recently put a clause into our contract saying unnatural hair colours are banned - but the other girls all dye their hair this weird shade of reddy brown. I don't think I can get away with anything more extreme. :(

Just a question Bumblebee... can u explain your hair extensions? I'm thinking of going crazy with my hair as usual.. and want hair extensions.. any tips?

Ilora x
  • Options
    i have dyed my hair every colour except green (literally)
    i went to the hairdressers the first time i got it dyed but ever since i have dyed my own with whatever i find at boots/superdrug/Camden since it is much cheeper+you have more choice about colours.
    When i went to the hairdressers i could not get the bright colours i wanted as all they seemed to do was basically slightly coloured tones based on natural colours.
    Btw purple dye will always go reder because red dye dyes the hair the most(and is present in purple) so thats probs why your hair went like that before.
    Are you wanting the dye to be permenant or like 4-6 washes?If you use permenant dye you are much more likely to get the colour that is shown on the packaging.
    hope some of this helps:)
    me dying again this week(mmm hairdye fumes:D whopie:rolleyes: )
  • Options
    Originally posted by freak
    Are you wanting the dye to be permenant or like 4-6 washes?

perminant :) I might ask some of my mates here - loads of people in Germany seem to have wild coloured hair, so I assume that the hairdressers are more openminded here. Or I hope so.
  • Options
    my hair last summer (dunno if file is too big)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

do they not cost loads?! i really want pink ones :(
  • Options
    i have had every colour under the sun (usually pink). i have always done it myself.

costs me under £5 a time, compared with the £45 the hairdresser wanted to charge me.

one word of advice, if you're planning to bleach the hell out of your hair (which you'll have to do to get a bright colour), be nice to it. condition like your life depends on it. my poor damaged hair is currently being fed aussie 3 minute miracle, which it seems to like.