Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cold war sirens to warn of terrorist attack.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=US&cat=Terrorism

Here's the link to the article but I'll tell the basics of it. Some cities in America have upgraded public address systems used to warn of weather dangers and earlier built to warn of a Russian attack, so they can be used to warn of a chemical, biological or nuclear terrorist attack.

Here's my thought? Are we going to have siren tests?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Just get under the desk and you'll be fine PNJ. I'm sure that's what you'll be told ;)
  • Options
    A siren could mean anything PNJ. In the UK we'll recieve warning of our impending death via text message.

"Dear citizen, after minutes of preperation you are now ready to prepare to die by nuclear/biological/chemical/alien attack, thankyou for your investment in this country".
  • Options
    "Dear citizen, after minutes of preperation you are now ready to prepare to die by nuclear/biological/chemical/alien attack, thankyou for your investment in this country".

made me burst out laughing. really good one.:lol:
  • Options
    Re: Cold war sirens to warn of terrorist attack.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=US&cat=Terrorism

Here's the link to the article but I'll tell the basics of it. Some cities in America have upgraded public address systems used to warn of weather dangers and earlier built to warn of a Russian attack, so they can be used to warn of a chemical, biological or nuclear terrorist attack.

Here's my thought? Are we going to have siren tests?:rolleyes:
    OMG! and people wonder why i don't live in the city anymore ...this would be fucking funny if it wasn't so sc-fi. what is happening to your minds ? or am i missing something. ahh! i hear the wail ...the foreboding ...such a chill sound. all trained to perform mindlessly certain tasks. first off panic and run ...get the adrenal gland warming up nicely for the ... how to survive on nothing story from the caring side of bullshit. we are sorry to take away more and more rights from the free people of america but ...
    can't you see the lights going out in america soon? you can't see it! freedom fries will soon demand that your statue of liberty ...be removed ... your country is being plunged into darkness. which will effect my life in a very unpleasant way.
  • Options
    i just read the link ...one nill to the terrorists i think.
    why oaklahoma aye? home to the worst terrorist attack on american soil ...ever. till the new york job. oklahoma had its heart blown out by an american ...right wing anti united nations christian by the way ...
  • Options
    I just think it's goofy and sooo shows how a lot of what we are doing, perhaps even Iraq, won't make us one bit safer.

To me, the West has to make itself safer from all terrorists...not just Al Qaeda. We are entering an age where one person can do a lot of damage.

I don't have the answer. But early warning sirens isn't it.