Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help needed....I NEED A NEW HAIR STYLE!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello ladies, (and men)

I'm getting my hair done on sat and I'd like any ideas. I have boob length hair and it's curly or wavey but i like to straighten it. I don't want to change my colour but has anyone got any nice styles they can share??? And no afros please!!! :lol:

~Anya

Comments

• Options
    Go to the hairdressers. Ask to look at some pictures. Or ask them for suggestions.
  • Options
    I love saying to the hairdresser "Do what you like!", but don't straighten your hair. Textured wavy hair looks so sexy and summery, and the only hair straightners worth getting are really pricey.
  • Options
    I think it depends on what kind of face shape you have as to which style would suit you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by crazysexycool
    the only hair straightners worth getting are really pricey.

Not true. I have a pair of Babyliss Patrick Cameron signiture straighteners and they are amazing. They were only £29.99 from Argos and i wouldn't swap them for the world. :)
  • Options

Personally, I like the first one best, cos the second one looks a little harsh the way it goes from short to long just like that, rather than more gradually like in the first one.

Heart shaped faces are best suited to "flips to balance the width at the top of the head, but avoid short cuts which frame the face", according to this hair book I have. I guess it's best to determine what suits you so you know when picking out a style. Have a look through the books in the hairdressers, pick a few out that you like then ask the hair dresser which one they think would suit you best, or take a friend along with you, that way at least you'll have a second opinion before you go ahead with it!

There's more here:

face shapes

or here:

tips

This is a good one too...:

here

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by One of the Nobodies
    Not true. I have a pair of Babyliss Patrick Cameron signiture straighteners and they are amazing. They were only £29.99 from Argos and i wouldn't swap them for the world. :)

Yeah well, I thought this about my Babyliss ones too, even when I had to replace them after a year, but when I used my friend's ceramic ones I saw the difference and bought the same ones! I'd rather splash out on something that would last rather than having to keep buying the same straightners that keep letting me down.
    Mine heat up really quickly and straighten my hair so much faster than the old ones. There's less tugging and my hair just generally looks better after.

And I know that this whole post sounds like an advert which is why I've left out the brand of said ceramics!!
  • Options
    Re: Help needed....I NEED A NEW HAIR STYLE!!!
    Originally posted by Anya
    I'm getting my hair done on sat

So what did ya have done in the end? :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by crazysexycool
    Yeah well, I thought this about my Babyliss ones too, even when I had to replace them after a year, but when I used my friend's ceramic ones I saw the difference and bought the same ones! I'd rather splash out on something that would last rather than having to keep buying the same straightners that keep letting me down.
    Mine heat up really quickly and straighten my hair so much faster than the old ones. There's less tugging and my hair just generally looks better after.

I know what you're saying. I used to have some of those babyliss straighteners with the steam and they were shite. The ones i have now have big ceramic plates, a comb to help the straighteners glide through my hair and they heat up really fast too. :)

I know everyones opinion and experiance with straighteners is different and what i find amazing others will find utter crap. But thankfully i've found the perfect straighteners for my hair at a minimal price. :)