Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is there anything wrong with this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I told one of my friends that my new boyfriend is a virgin and he's 18 and they said that there has to be something wrong with someone who hasn't lost it before 18. They said maybe he's gay or maybe he has relationship problems. I didnt think anything of it until they said that.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Is there anything wrong with this?
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    I told one of my friends that my new boyfriend is a virgin and he's 18 and they said that there has to be something wrong with someone who hasn't lost it before 18. They said maybe he's gay or maybe he has relationship problems. I didnt think anything of it until they said that.

Maybe he wasn't popular at school and never had much confidence? Whatever the reason, be proud he still has his V and don't listen to your mates.
  • Options
    How mean! Maybe he's just not met anyone he fancied enough? Or maybe he's shy? My other half didn't lose his til he was 23 and there's nowt wrong with him!!
  • Options
    youre mates are talking complete bull..
  • Options
    18s normal, my first bf was 18 when he lost his V to me. it means nothing.
  • Options
    I've been told about the conversation Angel had with her friends.

She told me that she told them that I'm a virgin, and don't do sex before marriage.
    Their response went along the lines of
    "Oh - he's gay!"

Really gets to me that people simply can't accept that I'm proud of my virginity, and I'm not going to lose it before I'm married. Simply because it's not the norm., those outside are degraded :mad: :(

Edited to say: I was 18 at the time, and I'm 19 in a month
  • Options
    get sum friends with brains!
  • Options
    I was much older than that when i lost my Virginity (I didn't even have sex once while at UNI) and it had absolutely F**k All to do with beig gay or not wanting to have sex before marriage..

I just wasn't prepared to be as sheep like as the rest of the people I knew and sleep with someone just because it would seem odd if I didn't!

I wanted to know that the person I slept with respected and loved me as much as I respected and loved them! And as far as I can tell theres nothing wrong with that!

If I were you I'd give my boyfriend all the support you can and try not to treat him like a freak. And tell your mates to get a life and stop being such children.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dantheman
    get sum friends with brains!

:yes: best thing anybody on this thread has said!
  • Options
    mr. junkie was 20 when we first...um.... got it on. and he's certainly not gay.

incredibly shy, yes.

there are 101 reasons why people wait.
  • Options
    That's not that unusual is it? I've known loadsa guys around that age or older who haven't lost theirs. Maybe he just wanted to wait and meet someone nice? Maybe he is just a sensible lad!
  • Options
    Eh? I think your friends need to grow up.
  • Options
    I know a guy who didnt lose his til he was 24. There was nothing wrong with him. Its just the case of finding the right person and feeling ready.

Your friends are just being silly and childish and you should ignore their stupid comments.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

dont worry :) i was 18 when i lost my viginity. its nothing to be ashamed of
  • Options
    your mates are talking crap, just because he is a virgin at 18 doesn't mean theres anything wrong with him, it just means he is waiting for the right girl and the right time. :)

:heart: lisa :wave:
  • Options
    I'm nineteen and still a virgin. What's more, I'm proud of it :) and respect my own body enough not to let other people use it.

I'd respect anybody who keeps their virginity, they should be proud because it's something you have once and never get back again (unless you're Jordan)