Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eye liners!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya!
Wel i cant go out without wearing eyeliner. Problem is that it always seems to wear off and smudge really quickly. I have tried a fair number of different makes.
Can anyone recomend me a good one that wont fuck up so quick?

Comments

• Options
    I couldn`t tell you a make, but in general I`ve found the softer the pencil, the quicker it comes off, so look for one that`s slightly more solid.
  • Options
    BeneFit Bad Gal is really good....its the one all the celebs use...apparently :p
  • Options
    try a no7 eye pen ive used em for years faithfully now and they usually last as long as i want them to last:D

just make sure your eyes abit wet when you apply it but not overly and try not to blink for afew seconds
  • Options
    I just use Rimmels liquid eyeliner on top, that never comes off or smudges its really good and on the bottom I use Rimmel eyeliner pencil thats not that brilliant have to keep applying it but still its alright. I wouldn't attempt liquid eyeliner on the bottom although it does stay on forever if you get it in you eye then its painful!! :yes:
  • Options
    i cant use liquid eyeliner, dont have a steady enough hand, i use boujouris (sp?) kohl pencil in black or whatever they call it and its wicked
  • Options
    Liquid eyeliner is the best thing to use. Then a sharpish eye pencil on the bottom lids.
  • Options
    i like Avon's glimmer sticks. they are retractable (so you don't have to keep sharpening them) and are not too heavy :)
  • Options
    I can't put eyeliner on. Ever. It always looks crappy crap crap. :(

Any tips?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I can't put eyeliner on. Ever. It always looks crappy crap crap. :(

Any tips?

Are you using a pencil?

If it`s too soft, try keeping it in the fridge.

If the line`s too sharp, try doing a series of dots really close together and smudge them into each other a little bit with a cotton bud.

Make sure the pencil isn`t really blunt.

If you`re using liquid eyeliner, I can`t help cause it`s too retro looking for my liking.
  • Options
    I think my main problem is that I can draw a line just above my upper lid lashes, but when I open my eye the line, towards the outside of the eye, is nowhere near my eyelid, and seems to go off into nowhere - well above my eyelid. I can't really explain!
  • Options
    Well if you know where it is that it starts going wrong, try doing the dots thing starting from there, keeping it close as poss to your lashes.
  • Options
    My problem is the lower lid. The eyelashes get in the way!
  • Options
    how many girls here do wear eyeliner on their lower lashes every day? i do, i get told i look ill if i don't have any on. but i read somewhere that it's not the trendy thing to do these days - not that i follow trends, just wondered what everyone else does :)
  • Options
    I only wear eyeliner when I want to impress a guy, so maybe a few days a week tops. To me it's too *can't think of the right word* to wear every day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    I only wear eyeliner when I want to impress a guy, so maybe a few days a week tops. To me it's too *can't think of the right word* to wear every day.

OTT!

I tried to make mine all smudgy the other night, but I look like I've been rubbing my eyes too much tho.

:|
  • Options
    ' BumbleBee ' i completely understand cos i do the same!:banghead:
    i can do below my eye (and have even mastered liquid eyeliner:D ooo *YAY* me)
    but above is IMPOSSIBLE i am incapable of doing it and have given up due to maaaaannnnny failed attempts!
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    OTT!

I tried to make mine all smudgy the other night, but I look like I've been rubbing my eyes too much tho.

:|

Yeah OTT, something like that. It doesn't look too bad, quite subtle.
  • Options
    Yeh eyeliner is the one thing I cannot leave the house without having on..ever. I always wondered if I was the only one?! I think eyeliner is addictive. I look soooo different without it, seriously it can change how a person looks completely.

Anyway the best eyeliners I have found, and I have tried loaddsss, are - for a soft kohl pencil -Miss Selfridge eyeliner (although i'm not sure if you can get it anymore since they stopped doing make-up), or the Benefit Bad Gal one but its a bit pricey. For liquid eyeliner I use the Rimmel one cos its pretty good and cheap or the Revlon one. Never ever buy boots 17 eye pencils, they are the suckiest of allll eyeliners. Rimmel pencils suck too.