Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

confused!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, im in america travelling for 7 weeks, at the moment im staying in arizona for 2 weeks with a friend, i leave on monday to head to canada.
i met a guy here. he is a friend of the girl im staying with and the moment i met him i was attracted to him. we got together the 3rd night we were all hanging out, and while i will spare the gory details, things got a tad heated in a hot tub ;) and i stayed over.
i thought it would be weird the next day but it wasnt at all in fact he said that he really liked me and was glad we had got together and he asked when he could see me again. so then i met up with him that night, we went to the 4th july fireworks then went to a bar and back to his place. i ended up staying over again (just for the record i havent slept with him...just so you know for the rest of the story) and altho again we were both tipsy, we ended up having a really deep heart to heart chat about relationships, sex, etc, and i felt really close to him, like we could talk about anything. sounds silly but its like there was a connection between us, he was saying exactly what i was thinking and vice versa.
we basically agreed that we like each other a lot and are very attracted to each other but are aware that im leaving soon therefore dont want to get too attached, but if we do we will deal with that when it comes.
so anyway the next few days after that were grand and we spent alot of time together and had a lot of fun, and i began to really really like him. on sunday nite i went around to his appartment to find him in a really bad state because a friend of his had a heart attack that day. he was going on about how it wasnt fair and shouldnt happen to someone so young, etc, and also he was drinking alot, like taking shots of whiskey every few minutes. i was trying my best to comfort him and calm him down, but he was being kinda rude and was like "dont touch me, leave me alone", etc, anyway, we went to the shop to get a sympathy card and when we got back i decided to go home, and just as i was leaving he threw money at me. i was like "why are you throwing money at me" and hes all "here you need some money, i need to give you money" but i just ignored it and didnt think anything of it cos i knew he was hammered. but then on the way home i random thought came into my mind, i was like, "is that for services rendered or something" but then i was like "nah dont be silly he was just hammered, thats not what he meant at all"
so i didnt bring it up cos i thought it was dumb, and then when i saw him last nite he said sorry for his drunken behaviour etc and sorry if he had offended me, and i said that was fine i understood that he had had too much to drink i wouldnt hold it against him, and then for some reason, i dont know what possessed me but i was like "altho that throwing money thing had me a little worried, i thought u meant u were paying me for something", but i said it in a joking voice, totally joking, i didnt mean it at all, and all of a sudden he got really mad and was like "i cant believe you said that, that really hurts me that you would even think that!" and i tried to explain that i was just kidding, but i think the damage was already done. so now hes all like "we cant fool around anymore, no more dates, i cant even kiss you without thinking that you are thinking you are getting paid or something. i cant believe you would think i would treat someone like a prostitute"
i tried so hard to tell him i was kidding and that i didnt mean it, but i think i really offended him. i dont know what to do, cos he says he still really likes me but we cant be anything more than friends for the rest of the time im here. but when we hung out this morning as friends, it was so awkward, he woudlnt look me in the eye, he barely spoke to me and i got the feeling he was still mad at me. im really confused now, cant help thinking maybe hes just using my comment as an excuse cos he doesnt really like me that much, or as my friend suggested he could like me a lot and want to stop things now, before he gets too attached. if thats the case, its too late on my part as im already attached. while i think (and we talked about this), its a holiday fling and the chances of it going any further than that are slim, i cant help feeling like we were getting really close and perhaps there could be something in it, and he said (before we fell out over the "comment") that he felt the same, like we were developing something and something might come of it.
i dont really know what to do, he says he needs time to think so i dont wanna put pressure on him or seem desperate to talk to him, but i really miss spending time with him, and as i already know its gonna be hard to say goodbye to him, i might as well have made it worthwhile.
people say holiday romances dont last, to be honest i havent experienced one before, but they do last for some people, the girl im staying with here has a sister who met her boyfriend in england while on holiday and now there are engaged and he lives in arizona. its not like im expecting that to happen with me and glenn, but you never know what will happen unless you give something a try? you know?
i dont really know if i want advice or whether i just wanted to pour my heart out, but if anyone has any thoughts or comments i would appreciated it greatly.
cheers
megan

Comments

• Options
    I think it may have something to do with him liking you but wanting to stop it now, before he gets too attached.

It does seem that way to me, but maybe he's just messed up in general :p

At the end of the day though it's a holiday romance and that's all it'll ever be, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    anyone else got any thoughts on the subject?