Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

This might be too American for here.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.moveon.org/

But if you'd find it interesting to understand one of the biggest political forces against the Bush run for Presidency next year, this group is reshaping the Democrats who are calling themselves "progressives".

There's a story on their about lying to get us into war.

Read it and let's talk. :cool:

Comments

• Options
    Are you speaking of a particular artical.. or what was shocased on the front page? Be specific boy, then i'll give you a piece of my mind. :)
  • Options
    This moveon.org group just went to court and won the right to air commercials that call for an independent investigation into the reasons and proof of WMD's presented in President Bush's 2003 State of the Union Address.

The Democrats finally have an issue. This is my first Presidential campaign...and it's fasicinating to me to see how it works.
  • Options
    Tricky, the main article about the "distortion of evidence".

It interests me that the Democrats, they would be your liberals, have an issue to fight for the Presidency next year.
  • Options
    pnj, liberal is not a party particular nomenclature. There are liberal Republicans and liberal Democrats just as there are conservatives of both camps.

You need to go study some political science it seems.
  • Options
    true to a point clandestine. but don't you think a conservative republican is more conservative than a conservative democrat? For one thing in general, democrats are for big entitlement programs.
  • Options
    No necessarily. you have bole weevils (southern conservative democrats) who would be closer to the current admin than to any opposing position.
  • Options
    but the party platform of the republican party is much more conservative than the democrat's. dontcha think?:yes:
  • Options
    the current one yeah. But even this admin has gone beyond the party agenda to outright fascist extremes so party platforms means very little in American politics. thats something youll come to learn as you get more familiar with the whole electoral process.

In the US the individual candidates use the party structure just for purposes of election or reelection, apart from that they often define their own agendas and platforms.