Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shouldn't German tourists boycotte Italy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12371672,00.html

When the junior minister of Italy joins in the destructive insulting of Germans, isn't it time the 10,000,000 Germans who spend their holiday money in Italy spend it elsewhere?

Comments

• Options
    If they want to. Personally I'm not sure he was far wrong...

Was it an insult then?
  • Options
    i think its quite right italy called them nazis, i mean, its not as if italy were ever fascist in any way, right :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Except in this case the Junior Minister suggested that they were "arrogant, hypernationalistic blondes"...

Something I wouldn't say about any italian, that's for sure. Though I could think of a few things.
  • Options
    they should just get Jurgen to call them lazy fascist hairybastards andhave done with it
  • Options
    lazy fascist hairybastards andhave done with it

Oh, my God. You are funny.:lol:

Seriously, I wouldn't bring my holiday money to a country with the PM and others in the government insulting my country. In fact, I got three families not to go to Canada cause of their idiot French PM'S remarks.
  • Options
    So what if they withdraw their tourism, maybe we'll get it. As long as they don't goto spain though, I can't be doing with more of the sunbed stealing "ubermenschen"
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Oh, my God. You are funny.:lol:

Seriously, I wouldn't bring my holiday money to a country with the PM and others in the government insulting my country. In fact, I got three families not to go to Canada cause of their idiot French PM'S remarks.

What a stupid, childish and dare I say it - American - attitude. We live in a global economy, we all rely on each others business so when stupid Americans refuse to visit France because of silly little diplomatic incidents which have no bearing on 99% of the population they harm the global economy. It's the economic equivalent of taking your ball back home because the other team won't do exactly as you want. The Germans are I think intelligent enough to realise that we are all players in the EU and that we all depend on each other and I don't think the Germans are sensitive enough to let a few little insulting remarks put them off their holidays. While PNJ you deprived those families of a nice trip to Canada thus reducing their enjoyment of their holiday, also harming Canadian tourist industry which means Canada has less money to spend on American goods.

If you'd learnt anything about the Depression it started when countries all started taking their economic "balls" back home and put up tariffs against each other and withdrawing their money to their own economies thus making a bad economic recession even worse.
  • Options
    The Germans are I think intelligent enough to realise that we are all players in the EU

Wrong-o:no:

Germany's PM has canceled his holiday to Italy.

"taking our economic balls back home" :lol:

I can't believe you said our "balls". :lol:
  • Options
    Not wrong pnj. the PM isnt the whole German population and many are even now holidaying in Italy.

For change, listen to what you are told rather than presuming you know anything about Europe, its people, or its attitudes on things. You know nothing about anything outside your little beachfront world.

Stop being so damn irritating, it only makes you look stupid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Wrong-o:no:

Germany's PM has canceled his holiday to Italy.

"taking our economic balls back home" :lol:

I can't believe you said our "balls". :lol:

No actually Gerhard Schroeder has just decided to stay in Hannover instead due to the controversy but that is no more than you could expect from a politician. I'm talking about the vast majority of Germans who are mature enough to not see their holidays as not being affected by a silly diplomatic row unlike the American people who, sensitive souls that they are, cannot stand it when the French don't step into line over Iraq and yet the American media and their politicians launch a campaign of vitriol against a sovereign nation for expressing their independent views. Yet where the German people are sensible enough to distinguish between the politics and the reality of life whereas Americans don't. Thus going back to my argument that we all depend on each other and the stupid and childish behaviour of Americans is harming the global economy.

PNJ - I can also say "willy" "bugger" and "bloody" tee hee hee! Honestly, I try and make a serious point and all you can come back is playground humour that I grew out of when I left junior school.