Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thrush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do blokes get it? What's it look like?

Comments

• Options
    i think there are little red spots around the tip of your penis because my ex had it and went to the doctors!
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOO!! that is not thrush! thrush is like a creamy discharge that itches like a bast**d. yes guys can get it. it can be caused by stress or being run down, it can be passed on from a partner or it can be caused by some medicines or diabetes. if you have got it from a partner it does not, i repeat. DOES NOT mean they have been cheating on you and got it from someone else! there are a good few things that can cause it. i think its more common in females but guys can defo get it
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    NOOOOOOOOO!! that is not thrush! thrush is like a creamy discharge that itches like a bast**d. yes guys can get it. it can be caused by stress or being run down, it can be passed on from a partner or it can be caused by some medicines or diabetes. if you have got it from a partner it does not, i repeat. DOES NOT mean they have been cheating on you and got it from someone else! there are a good few things that can cause it. i think its more common in females but guys can defo get it

Yes, that is thrush, because I`ve seen it like that too, although you`re right as well wee wuman.

If you want to see some examples have a look at the link I`m about to post.
    BE WARNED: DO NOT LOOK AT THIS LINK IF YOU`RE EATING AND THEN BITCH TO ME ABOUT IT AFTERWARDS! DO NOT LOOK IF YOU`RE SQUEAMISH.

inappropriate link
  • Options
    that's................er...............very educational
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    that's................er...............very educational

And quite revolting. But I was posting it mainly for Felix; he wanted to know what it looks like.
  • Options
    Quite often when a couple have thrush only the woman seeks medical help and that means that the man just keeps re-infecting the woman over and over.

You can get thrush as a result of a course of anti-biotics...
  • Options
    yes blokes can

thrush factsheet
  • Options
    OMFW! That is minging lol..
  • Options
    My foreskin looks (but is not) red-raw and my penis' head has lots of small, red spots and red areas. Thankfully, it's not constantly itchy, although it has its moments. As such, I went to the see a doctor today, who said is it most probably thrush. She took a swab and examined me. I was given some cream. I have to phone the surgery next Thursday for the results of the test.
  • Options
    told you little red spots were involved. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kissmequick
    told you little red spots were involved. :)

Yep they are! Actually, my penis' head was covered in spots (not touching) but then a number merged together to form a red area. Kinda odd!

I sincerely recommend going to the see the doctor as soon as it begins.