Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO the jock/pnj: Jessica Lynch update

As you might remember (or might not, since no one is sure which one of you was it) you went into a phenomenal tantrum a while ago when it was pointed out that the 'heroic' Jessica Lynch case had been nothing but a fairy tale full of lies, staged rescue operations and false claims of mistreatment and injuries.

You did not take very well that the 'brave' Lynch had not been injured in combat but simply been the victim of a car crash, and that the spirit-lifting rescue by US marines had simply been staged as the hospital had been empty of Iraqis for days. You went on to accuse the BBC of lying and of being an anti-American left-wing biased organisation.

Well, you may be pleased (not) to learn that Pentagon has admitted the whole incident was indeed a fairy tale, as the report will confirm when it is released next week (although it is not clear whether they will own up in full about the 'rescue' itself). Here is the story from Rupert Murdoch's Sky News.

Perhaps an apology to the BBC would be in order?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The story was the truth. Sorry to disappoint. The current reputation of the BBC is now fair. The false one that the BBC takes the high road in journalism has been dispelled. There's a liberal/left bent to it. Just like there's a conservative/right bent to everything on Fox.
  • Options
    He'll not see the implications of this revelation to the rest of the picture that has been programmed into his unquestioning mind any more than he has with all the other revelations of lies and tricks used by Bush and co to dupe the public into supporting their imperialistic agenda.

I will say though, AL, that as more and more emerges, I suspect we might finally get to a place where responsible forces in Washington might well finally have sufficient public support to blow the lid off the very start of all this wrongdoing on 9/11. Then I hope we'll see a backlash of forced governmental accountability that will dwarf what the press put Clinton through.
  • Options
    Unlike the Belgian army in Africa, American soldiers are brave and wouldn't run away from danger.
  • Options
    LOL. youre right Al, it is the jock. Too thick to acknowledge the truth even when it is spelled out in Black and White for him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Unlike the Belgian army in Africa, American soldiers are brave and wouldn't run away from danger.

what patriot wouldnt say that about their own country? hell even the french would go around saying "our army would never surrender to anyone" etc...

pnj, thats just blind patriotism. change the record
  • Options
    Originally posted by the jock
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Putting that hilarious comment aside, let's go through it again. Perhaps you have missed the link I posted in the original post. Here it is again, nice and big so you don't miss it:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-12370849,00.html

So, are you suggesting Sky News (prop. Rupert Murdoch) also has a left-wing bias? And more importantly, are you suggesting that the Pentagon itself is also lying?

I mean, they must be wrong mustn’t they? Such a thing could never happen!