Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First Love...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im finding it hard to control myself with a certain someone i am "involved" with, she means everything to me and to be honest we have never even met each other and im finding myself madly in love with this girl.... my point is i think she feels the same way but she has nothing to compare her feelings too as she has never loved someone before, im pretty cert her feelings are the same as mine but she just cant identify them, any tips on how to maybe make her realise her feelings for me before i go mad and start pulling my hair out lol.

i admit i am rushing things to be honest but thats the way i am and theres nothing i can do about that, she is more the take things day by day see what happens sort so it seems as if things are going 10 times faster for her and im worried i may scare her off to be quite realistic... she says she is there to help me calm myself and take things at her rate and i appreciate her help, she may not realise that but i do need all her help cause it would devestate me to loose her.

as i said, we have not met face to face yet and she seems to be avoiding it i can understand where she is looking at it from but im worried she may also be trying to avoid meeting me, she says she is scared yet she has no idea what of and that gives me the impression she may think im just some weirdo.

Comments

• Options
    the worst part is im sat here pouring my heart into this post looking for advice and i know she will read it, im just asking to get hurt and that worries me that she may take advantage she DEFINATLY aint the type and i cant stress that more but past experience makes me mention it for fear of getting hurt and i suppose im just trying to prepare myself to get hurt cause its been done several times now.

to be honest im not even sure why im posting this, just looking for a little advice i suppose or maybe i even want her to read this im not entirly sure.

im on the phone to her now and i have no idea why im posting this instead of talking to her... i think she intimidtes me to a small extent too cause she is just so great and i have no idea where i stand with her or exactly what she wants from this.....

ohhh im bloody rambling on about shit now im just gonna post this and have done with is see what happens.....
  • Options
    just wanted to ask if anybody has been with there first love or heard of anybody being with there first love for maybe as much as a life long relationship i keep hearing storys about people never staying with there first love and it being impossible for a life long/ serious / long term relationship with the first person you fall in love with....

edited to add this is the wrong bloody forum and i do know im just having a real shit day......
  • Options
    I've never had a first love. I've just been in lust..*sigh* I've heard love's dead good, though, eh? :(
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if she's never been in love before - if she falls in love with you, she will know it.
    There are no two ways with love, believe me :)

The first time I fell in love didn't work out due to circumstances and the worst thing about being in love is if/when it falls apart and you split up - I'd never hurt as much as that before.
    Thought I'd maybe never fall in love again because of this but after a year and after sorting my life out it is happening now, and I'm better off for the experience.

The only advice I could give is take it slowly and try not to worry so much - just go with whatever happens. It's obvious that she likes you a lot and if things keep progressing then there's no doubt she'll be in love with you :)
  • Options
    me in l:heart:ve :)
    first real love methinx
    me personally believe i will only know 100% for sure, for denefinate, if i lose him+noo waaay am i willing to do that!
    gd 4 u spewing out your heart *hugz* :D
    if its love+its real itl work out

dont worry:)

~*~
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    I've never had a first love. I've just been in lust..*sigh* I've heard love's dead good, though, eh? :(

well i was going to say i was once before, but it dont even compare to this time i must say.

*sigh* if only i could get into her head...
  • Options
    I had a first love in about my 7th relationship. It was the best feeling ever, I don't really know the words to describe it to be honest. I wish it could have lasted for ever but sadly it didn't, and even 8 months and 3 relationships later, I miss being in love with someone :crying: :blush:

My advice would be just to like kinda ask her straight out what she feels, cos you sound kinda desperate-ish to know how she's feeling, so try and get her to open up to you bout how she's feeling. Probably easier said than done though :yeees:
  • Options
    i do want to know what she thinks but she dont know...... or she refuses to admit it/ open up im not sure but i wish i knew
  • Options
    Originally posted by AndyW
    It doesn't matter if she's never been in love before - if she falls in love with you, she will know it.
    There are no two ways with love, believe me :)

Aye :)

But when I was in yr 6 and went out with Katie McGann I swore that was love. Mreh maybe it was but like, its so unlike 'real' love you know? :)
  • Options
    sorry about earlier post

was nuff stressed out, not something i would usually write, bit out of charecter.
  • Options
    Maybe she doesn't want to meet you because she's scared of what your reaction could be? Maybe she's guessed how you feel and is scared that she might not live up to your expectations?

I could be wrong but this is why i avoid blind dates as i'm always a bit worried that i might not be their taste/what they expect etc.

I know people who are first loves and have married and had kids. It's not always a bed of roses but there seems to be a strength in my friends marriage not to give up 17 yrs together for a small thing.
  • Options
    ive had relationships where ive seen very little of my girlfriend and theyre hard,getting with someone without even seeing them,thats even harder,good luck is all i can say,oh and you guys wont know untill you try
  • Options
    see darling...... its not just me who thinks like that, you can reply too you know we wont bite!