Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mexico's Drug Laws????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am looking to travel to Mexico. I live in the states. Would I need a passport to go to Mexico?

My other question is what are Mexico's drug laws like, and I am wondering if there is a place online that will have a list of "legal drugs" in Mexico.

I have heard anabolic supplements, ketamine, valium, hydrocodone, and xanax can be gotten without a perscription. Just like you are buying cough medicine in the states.

Thanks to all who reply

Comments

• Options
    1. Post in the drugs forum
    2. Don't get mixed up with drugs overseas. You could go to prison for a very long time. The British Embassy cannot (always) get you out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    The British Embassy cannot (always) get you out.
    I should hope not - he live in the USA!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I should hope not - he live in the USA!

God, you're expecting me to actually *read* people's posts now. Geez. :p

Erm.

Okay, well, the [embassy of your country] will not be able to get you out, then.
  • Options
    Re: Mexico's Drug Laws????
    Originally posted by decadude
    I am looking to travel to Mexico. I live in the states. Would I need a passport to go to Mexico?

My other question is what are Mexico's drug laws like, and I am wondering if there is a place online that will have a list of "legal drugs" in Mexico.

I have heard anabolic supplements, ketamine, valium, hydrocodone, and xanax can be gotten without a perscription. Just like you are buying cough medicine in the states.

Thanks to all who reply

You don't need anything to get into Mexico!!

But you'll need your passport to get back in the the USA!!!

My friends an I drove to SAn Diego and weren't allowed to take our hire car into mexico, so we parked it at the bporder and walked across this bridge - they have cameras and microphones and listento everything you say onthe bridge!! but once you cross it ther's sod all from the mexican side - anyone can come in ... but try gettin back into the USA - hassle galore and that was before September 11th so gos know hw strict it is now.

Oh the very first thing you see in Mexico is two huge Drug Stores!! But they were selling medicines that you get in the USA but much cheaper!!
  • Options
    Ooo oo my friend had that problem too!

Yeah it's quite complicated especially if you forget your passport.
  • Options
    I had my Passport but they wanted some little piece of paper thing they gave me when I first landed in the USA - luckily I found it in the end with other papers, but Mexico just across the border is crap!!

It's so run down and several locals told us to is wasn't safe for westerners to be there - what shocked me though was virtually none of the staff in this massive supermarket across the border spoke a word of English - I'd have thought being litteral 10 minutes walk from the USA they'd be lots of people that spoke English - but then I realised if they did speak English they'd get work across the border - many people live in Mexico near the border but everyday seemed to cross the border to go to work - cheap labour for the employers inthe USA but better wages then they'd get in Mexico.
  • Options
    This has nothing to do with this thread - but I would love to go to California. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    This has nothing to do with this thread - but I would love to go to California. :)

Why?

I always wanted to go there after seeing it on TV but when I got there is was crap!!

It is nothing like on TV - no fast car chases, the women on the beach are NOTHNG like baywatch - I stayed on Hollywood Boulevard for 1 week and walked down it everyday - it was so damn doring - went to Mann's Chinese Cinema where they have all the premiers and day to day it's all crap and boring!!

All my friends who came with me on the road trip said the same thing - that California is NOTHING like the exciting place it looks to be on TV.

If I ever go back to the USA for a holiday I'll try somewhere like Florida or New Orleans - where they stay up late - after dark Hollywood was dead
  • Options
    what are the laws?

does anyone know anything about their laws there????
  • Options
    I'm not too sure about the laws but since its mexico i dont think it should be that strict and also different plants grow there, salvia for a start.
  • Options
    Well for a start its not the all out drug fair that it was a few years ago. The US has really come down hard on Mexico for all the ket it used to export to the US, so that is much harder to buy, especialy near the boarder.

As for cannabis, you shouldnt have any problems as such, its not really a big deal there, however if the police catch you with it you could be in trouble. As with a lot of countries like Mexico the best approach with the police if you pull out lots of dollars and ask to pay the 'fine'.

Coke shouldnt be that hard to get either, I have heard that cab drivers in mexico city will be able to help you out with that, but dont take my word for it.
    You probally wont be able to do coke in a club, they go to stupid lengths to stop that, like only having half doors so everyone can see you. Also its very illegal.

As for mushies/peyote and such, you maybe able to find it in some of the more hippy rural areas, however be very careful what you consume, it could be something very nasty.

If you are wanting prescription meds then I would research which ones you want then go to a pharm there and say that you get them on script in the US but you have run out. However this is illegal of course.

I'd check out www.bluelight.nu a lot of them are from the US and would be able to tell you more.