Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO byny

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey byny, hows it going with your b/f`s mum? Have things calmed down?

Comments

• Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Hello!! I found it!!

Things ar OK...we actually all went out and had a good meal, drink and chat and she turned out to be quite a funny old bird...the only problem is I have to be drunk to really feel at ease.

the latest thing is that she is now trying to help us with the kitchen re-tiling and insists that her husband will do it!

Its really hard trying to understand other peoples families, because generally they'll be nothing like your own. The thing I am worried about though is having kids because she'll want to be really involved.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Hello!! I found it!!

Things ar OK...we actually all went out and had a good meal, drink and chat and she turned out to be quite a funny old bird...the only problem is I have to be drunk to really feel at ease.

the latest thing is that she is now trying to help us with the kitchen re-tiling and insists that her husband will do it!

Its really hard trying to understand other peoples families, because generally they'll be nothing like your own. The thing I am worried about though is having kids because she'll want to be really involved.

Oh God, lol, I so know what you mean! I don`t think I understand his family at all sometimes, they`re so very different to mine. I think him and his mum are the only ones out of the lot of them who are actually close at all, but even so the way they talk to each other sometimes shocks me a bit! But I`m getting used to it. It`s just hard to understand that what, in my family, would be a major row which would probably result in me not talking to my mum, means nothing to them! Five minutes later it`s like nothings happened.

As for the tiling thing - is he capable of doing it?! If he is and as long as she`s not trying to chose the tiles, I say let him do it!