Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

As most of you know...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm pregnant. Anyway i have gone off of most fruit & vegatables. How am i mean't to give the baby everything it needs if i can't stand most things?

I'm sat here forcing myself to eat a salad which i would normally like but i just can't stand it!!!!

Comments

• Options
    youll be fine, your baby will get everything it needs from you. if you dont get the nutrients, its the mother whos body suffers, not the babies. they say make sure you eat well as the baby will be taking it out of you, but the baby wont go short - you will. Your body is telling you what it should and shouldnt eat at this time, so eat what you want (preferably healthyish of course) and if your diet is lacking, maybe take a pregnancy vitamin supplement too.
  • Options
    Thanks, all it seems to want at the moment is crap food though & lots of chocolate! Eek.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Thanks, all it seems to want at the moment is crap food though & lots of chocolate! Eek.
    i know, I used to crave Chicken Mcfucker burgers (or whatever their real name is??) I used to work right near a mcdonalds and got one every day, and often had a second straight after! they just tasted tooooo nice, but i tried one after id had the baby, and they just didnt taste anywhere near as good.
    Chocolates not too bad, as it contains lots of iron and calcium - the darker the chocolate the better the iron content, so dont feel too bad about it. Have you thought about making your own home made versions of the junk food if youre trying to cut down on the processed crap, home made beef burgers etc with salad on top and a slice of proper cheese (rather than that orange waxy stuff they give u in mcdonalds.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    youll be fine, your baby will get everything it needs from you. if you dont get the nutrients, its the mother whos body suffers, not the babies. they say make sure you eat well as the baby will be taking it out of you, but the baby wont go short - you will. Your body is telling you what it should and shouldnt eat at this time, so eat what you want (preferably healthyish of course) and if your diet is lacking, maybe take a pregnancy vitamin supplement too.

Rainbow Brite is right, at this stage the baby is so tiny you have enough reserves for it. So eat what you can within reason, but KEEP TAKING THAT FOLIC ACID!!! ;)
  • Options
    Ok, Thanks guys :D. I did go out & buy some green beans today as i fancy them so its not too bad. :D
  • Options
    One thing you should be having plenty of is folic acid. You get it in stuff like branflakes. V good for pregnant women and their babas.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    One thing you should be having plenty of is folic acid. You get it in stuff like branflakes. V good for pregnant women and their babas.
    you can get it on prescription from the doctor for free since your pregnant.