Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so summers here, who's been on diets, who's on them now, who doesn't believe in them.

If you're on them are you trying any of the standard ones or are you doing your own.

I've just badly done a detox diet for a week. Say badly since I'm sure cream cakes and things weren't on the diet but I've lost 5lbs in the week so I can't complain. Now lets hope it doesn't all pile back on. I'm sick to death of salads though is all I@m saying. lol!

Comments

• Options
    I'm on the Slimming World diet, lost 2 stone before I went to uni in September and put a stone back on tryin to lose it again. Started on Monday, done ok but I ate a box of malteasers before oops.
  • Options
    Being sick was my best diet.
    Didn't eat for two weeks, worked wonders.

Though I thought I was dying, so it's not that advisable.
  • Options
    I'm trying to diet but I'm not being to serious so I've actually put weight on. Pathetic, I know. However, tomorrow I'm going to Weight Watchers and I will lose 14 pounds and get down to 10 stones before I go to uni.
  • Options
    No dont diet, i like food, i am not fat though at all, im about 10st.
  • Options
    Re: Diets
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    Ok so summers here, who's been on diets, who's on them now, who doesn't believe in them.

If you're on them are you trying any of the standard ones or are you doing your own.

I've just badly done a detox diet for a week. Say badly since I'm sure cream cakes and things weren't on the diet but I've lost 5lbs in the week so I can't complain. Now lets hope it doesn't all pile back on. I'm sick to death of salads though is all I@m saying. lol!

5lbs in a week!! You gotta give me that detox plan! That sounds real good, it'd be good to do it for a week to sorta kickstart a diet. Im sorta on a diet, nothing major, wanna lose a few pounds so I look a wee bit better in a bikini on hols.
  • Options
    Im sort of on a diet. Ive put half a stone on and ive been on it for a week now. 1 week to go to my hol, so hopefully ive lost most of it in time! Im not following anyhting strict, just have bfast, then prolly some fruit in the day and then a big evening meal ;) so im eating what I want still just not so much!
  • Options
    I'm on my own personal diet, because I can't do normal diets, I hate most healthy foods, they taste like shit. Junk food is good though :D. So anyway yeah my own diet, I try to eat as little as possible....today I'm just going to eat my first meal (haven't eaten anything yet). And yeah so what if it's not a proper diet, my body, my rules :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *milky way*
    I ate a box of malteasers

God damn you now I want a box :yum:
  • Options
    I don't diet. I never stick to it :rolleyes:

I lost half a stone in 10 days when I was in China, and within a few days of getting back I put it on again. I then stopped snacking and managed to lose the half stone again, and a little bit more. My weight fluctuates quite a lot but I managed to keep it at around about what I was happy with. Then I stopped weighing myself every morning. Now I'm scared what I'll weigh if I step back on the scales.

All I need to do to make myself happier with how I look is do a bit more exercise I think (sit ups especially). According to BMI and height/weight charts I'm overweight, but I'm past caring about that. They don't take into account different shapes and sizes, and I think I look ok as I am. Ok so I'm not slim, but I don't want to go out wearing skimpy clothes or bikinis, so why should I worry about it? I try to dress to suit me, if other people don't like it, tough :D
    ....today I'm just going to eat my first meal (haven't eaten anything yet). And yeah so what if it's not a proper diet, my body, my rules

I do that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Im one of the lucky ones, I can eat anything I like and never put an ounce on. When I had Becks I got straight back into my size 10 jeans :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Diets
    Originally posted by Homer's Love Child
    5lbs in a week!! You gotta give me that detox plan! That sounds real good, it'd be good to do it for a week to sorta kickstart a diet. Im sorta on a diet, nothing major, wanna lose a few pounds so I look a wee bit better in a bikini on hols.

Do it properly and ya meant to be able to lose up to 10lbs in the week. But hey I don't think I had 1 day I properly stuck to it lol.

It's all about eating the right things together. Can eat as much salad as you like, fruit for breakfast, afternoon snack, tea's are usually fairly small and then a snack before bedtime.

The snacks are usually a piece of fruit or a fruit smoothie though nowt good. hehe! Or maybe I just don't like healthy food. Tell you what though it was nice to go to the chippy for lunch today. pmsl. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Im one of the lucky ones, I can eat anything I like and never put an ounce on. When I had Becks I got straight back into my size 10 jeans :)

Lucky bitch.... :p

I don't remember the last time I fitted into anything size 10.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Lucky bitch.... :p

Id much prefer to be a size 12, had a lot of stick growing up because everyone called me a skinny bitch.
    To be honest it works both ways if your slim you get the piss taken and if your not you still get the piss taken. So you cant win can you, its only now im older I realise that they were probably jealous because I didnt have to diet.
  • Options
    Id much prefer to be a size 12, had a lot of stick growing up because everyone called me a skinny bitch.
    To be honest it works both ways if your slim you get the piss taken and if your not you still get the piss taken. So you cant win can you, its only now im older I realise that they were probably jealous because I didnt have to diet.

I know I'm jealous of people who can eat and eat and eat and not put weight on... I always tell myself it'll catch up with them when they're older/have kids, but evidently that's not true, damn you :p

You can only win if you have this 'perfect' figure that everyone talks about but no-one actually really knows what it is. Personally, I think size 12 is a nice size because you're slim but still curvy.. I think it depends on the person. I'm just plain curvy :rolleyes: lol.
  • Options
    Then I stopped weighing myself every morning. Now I'm scared what I'll weigh if I step back on the scales.

I do that :rolleyes:

the best thing I ever did, was to chuck my scales away. It doesnt matter what they say, you are who you are, if your happy then thats all that counts. I will never own a pair of scales again. the only reason I knew id put on half a stone was because I had to have a medical the other week.
    chuck em!
  • Options
    I know I'm jealous of people who can eat and eat and eat and not put weight on...

You would be jealous if I told you exactly what i have eaten today, the list is endless lol

2 slices of toast and cornflakes for brekkie.
    about 3 cups of tea when I get back from taking little un to school.
    Chockie bickies.
    2 ham buns for dinner
    more coffee and bickies
    a banana
    more coffee
    packet of Revels
    roast pots, cauliflower, peas, yorkshires and lamb (teatime)
    Ice cream, pinapples,jelly and banana flavoured topping with hundreds and thousands.
    another cup of coffee

and thats it for the moment :lol:
  • Options
    Ooh Becky don't make me jealous then again I a size 10 and I complaining pmsl. I wanna be back to a size 8 was happier then. Maybe I should just stop complaining and be happy how I am.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    Ooh Becky don't make me jealous then again I a size 10 and I complaining pmsl. I wanna be back to a size 8 was happier then. Maybe I should just stop complaining and be happy how I am.

Yes you should.

I'm size 14 (sometimes 12).

Shut up :p

I'm only joking, don't have a go at me lol

And Becky, you can shut up too :p
  • Options
    Kazbo what you complaining for lol

I dont need to diet but for those who do try doing more excersise, its ok doing the eating properly bit but you need lots of excersise :)
  • Options
    And Becky, you can shut up too :p [/B]

ooooohhhhhh get yer claws out why dont ya :p
  • Options
    Yes you should.

I'm size 14 (sometimes 12).

Shut up :p

Okies I'll shut up. My lips are sealed I'll never say another word. Just leave through the back door quietly.

And Becky I complaining cos I do have to be careful what I eat. And I know more exercise would help but I live middle of nowhere so have to use my car to get everywhere, can't afford a gym and I don't see my fella enough to do that sort of exercise pmsl.
  • Options
    ooooohhhhhh get yer claws out why dont ya :p

I would, but they're not that scary... :(
  • Options
    You would be jealous if I told you exactly what i have eaten today, the list is endless lol

2 slices of toast and cornflakes for brekkie.
    about 3 cups of tea when I get back from taking little un to school.
    Chockie bickies.
    2 ham buns for dinner
    more coffee and bickies
    a banana
    more coffee
    packet of Revels
    roast pots, cauliflower, peas, yorkshires and lamb (teatime)
    Ice cream, pinapples,jelly and banana flavoured topping with hundreds and thousands.
    another cup of coffee

and thats it for the moment :lol:

*hangs head in shame*
    add 4 packets of crisps, 2 microwave meals and 3 choccie bars and you will be a size 12!! This is why I put on half a stone! im thankful I came to my senses!! I was just bored at work and eating for the sake of it! Now I just run up my works phone bill chatting!!
  • Options
    No excuse Me Dear if you live in the middle of nowhere then its a long bloody walk to the town..........what better way of excercising :p
    you dont need a gym, sit ups cost nothing. Walking up and downstairs cost nothing. Skipping costs nothing. Sex 20 times a night costs nothing (if you have a b/f which you have) when you see him :p

So what were you saying about not being able to afford the gym :lol::lol:
  • Options
    No excuse Me Dear if you live in the middle of nowhere then its a long bloody walk to the town..........what better way of excercising :p
    you dont need a gym, sit ups cost nothing. Walking up and downstairs cost nothing. Skipping costs nothing. Sex 20 times a night costs nothing (if you have a b/f which you have) when you see him :p

So what were you saying about not being able to afford the gym :lol::lol:

Noo way to far to walk into town. But me does sit ups, althoiugh they don't really burn off calories...do give me nice flat stomach. I run up and downstairs that any good? skipping...hmm not keen on that one cold and wet outside and sex 20 times a night...he'd never survive although rarely does sex last less than 4 hours with him so must be similar lol. :lol::D