Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just wanted to share

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know its long, really long, and if you can only/only want to read some of it, read the bits in bold. I wanted to share this with you, bring a bit of culture and artistry to thesite, i think its a beautiful piece of writing, if not quite sick in its intentions (if you know the history to the piece). Anyway, i think its lovely, and its classed as one of the most beautiful love monologues ever written, so, here in relationships... im sharing some love!...

A:

And I want to play hide and seek and give you my clothes and tell you i like your shoes and sit on the steps while you take a bath and massage your neck and kiss your feet and hold your hand and go for a meal and not mind when you eat my food and meet you at Rudy's and talk about the day and type up your letters and carry your boxes and laugh at your paranoia and give you tapes you dont listen to and watch great films and watch terrible films and complain about the radio and take pictures of you when you're sleeping and get up to fetch you coffee and bagels and Danish and go to Florent and drink coffee at midnight and have you steal my cigarettes and never be able to find a match and tell you about the TV programme I saw the night before and take oyu to the eye hospital and not laugh at your jokes and want you in the morning but let you sleep for a while and kiss your back and stroke your skin and tell you how much I love your hair your eyes your lips you neck your breasts your arse your everything and sit on the steps smoking till your neighbour comes home and sit on the steps smoking till you come home and worry when you're late and be amazed when you're early and give you sunflowers and go to your party and dance till Im black and be sorry when im wrong and happy when you forgive me and look at your photos and wish id known you forever and hear your voice in my ear and feel your skin on my skin and get scared when you're angry and your eyes has gone red and the other one eye blue and your hair to the left and your face oriental and tell you you're gorgeous and hug you when you're anxious and hold you when you hurt and want you when i smell you and offend you when i touch you and whimper when im next to you whimper when im not and dribble on your breast and smother you in the night and get cold when you take the blanket and hot when you dont and melt when you smile and dissolve when you laugh and not understand why you think im rejecting you when im not rejecting you and wonder how you could think that id ever reject you and wonder who you are but accept you anyway and tell you about the tree angel enchanted forest boy who flew across the ocean because he loved you and write poems for you and wonder why you dont believe me and have a feeling so deep i cant find words for it and want to buy you a kitten i'd get jealous of because you'd pay more attention to it than me and keep you in bed when you have to go and cry like a baby when you finally do and get rid of the roaches and buy you presents you dont want and and take them away again and ask you to marry me and you say no again but keep on asking you because even though you think i dont mean it i do always have from the first time i asked you and wander the city thinking its empty without you and want what you want and think im losing myself but know im safe with you and tell you the worst of me and try to give you the best of me because you dont deserve any less and answer your questions when id rather not and tell you the truth when i really dont want to and try to be honest because i know you prefer it and think its all over but hang on in for just ten more minutes before you throw me out of your life and forget who i am and try to get closer to you because its beautiful learning to know you and well worth the effort and speak german to you badly and hebrew to you worse and make love with you at three in the morning and somehow somehow somehow communicate some of the overwhelming undying overpowering unconditional all-encompassing heart-enriching mind-expanding on-going never-ending love i have for you.

Comments

• Options
    thats beautiful :) made me go cold to read it :) thats wat love is tho :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    thats beautiful :) made me go cold to read it :) thats wat love is tho :)

it is beautiful, very beautiful... until you find out what is all really intended to be speaking about. Would you like to know, or do you want to carry on in (no offence intended) your niavity thinking its perfect? To be honest, I was upset when I found out, and it ruined it at first, but then I read the whole play, and it is still beautiful to me, its something you really need to get into. You want to know?
  • Options
    yeah i wana know :)
  • Options
    Its a peadophile's thoughts. He is thinking about this particular child, and all the things he wants to do to/with them.

I found that really disturbing, and when you read it back, some of the little bits are so obvious, but you never notice them. Its only when you start to see the peadophile as a person who is in love, rather than the first thoughts you get wen you're told. like 'oh my god what a dirty old man'. its really difficult to actually believe that this is a person, and he is infact just a man in love. Its hard to put the fact that he's in love with a child, and talking about these feelings he has, these feelings that are directed at a child, its very hard to put that to the back of your miond, but if you can... you can see it really truly is a beautiful piece of writing.
  • Options
    i cant actually think of it now as a peodophile...its weird, i just re-read it but i still see it as a mans thoughts for a woman...like one his own age...weird
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i cant actually think of it now as a peodophile...its weird, i just re-read it but i still see it as a mans thoughts for a woman...like one his own age...weird

it is weird, very weird. you have to read the whole thing, tis amazing.

I wish i could post it all, but i cant find any copies of it on the net :( and im not sitting here all night typing it out!

even if you could just read a section of it, to get the idea.

Her work is so intense, its really wonderful but dead disturbing. She committed suicide at 28, only wrote 5 plays (i think it was 5)
  • Options
    it didnt read aswell the second time as it did the first, knowin it was a phaedophile...:eek2:
  • Options
    cant be that young a child, it talks about loving her breasts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

hmmm no, cos she steals his fags and drinks coffee too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

Even children have breasts, even if they haven't started growing properly. So it still works. Or maybe she's 12 or 13 or something, which would make the fags and coffee bit ring more true. But remember, if it's just a stream of conciousness, it doesn't have to be realistic or possible. Just fantasy.

Who's the play by, Badabing?
  • Options
    Its not about the stuff he has done with her, its the stuff her wants to do with her.

First phrase:
    And I want to play hide and seek....

Some of the stuff he has done, the other stuff is what he wants to do. You have to read it very carefully.

Its by a woman called Sarah Kane, her stuff is deffinitely wprth a read, especially if you like things to be psychological and depressing!! She committed suicide at 28 after having only wrote about 5 plays.

Another one that's worth a read is 4.48 psychosis - named after the time (4.48am) at which most suicides happen. She committed suicide after writing it, it was her last play. Its amazing. But all her stuff is very disturbing so you have to be able to appreciate it, rather than just look at it at face value.

Kane website worth a look if you like the idea. Just has a breif overview of things. That's the 'plays' page.
  • Options
    forgot to say; that piece i've quoted is from 'Crave', by Sarah Kane.
  • Options
    I read it and re-read it a few times, and cant see anything about it that suggests its a paedophiles feelings for a child, so unless Sarah Kane was a paedophile herself writing it, then I cant see it as disturbing. There appears to be nothing childlike about the things its describing.
  • Options
    It always upsets me to know that people hunt down people with those feelings.

Most of those I've felt for girls I've been with. I've felt more or less exactly the same as some of those:
    wanting to like what she likes
    wanting to see her when I wake up
    "hold you when you hurt"

That passage actually brought a tear to my eye. I read that it's a from a peadophile and, to me, it took nothing away. To me, a peadophile like that is just some guy who's fallen in love with someone that society will shun him for.
    No-one's ever dated someone that someone else has disagreed with?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skateside
    It always upsets me to know that people hunt down people with those feelings.

Most of those I've felt for girls I've been with. I've felt more or less exactly the same as some of those:
    wanting to like what she likes
    wanting to see her when I wake up
    "hold you when you hurt"

That passage actually brought a tear to my eye. I read that it's a from a peadophile and, to me, it took nothing away. To me, a peadophile like that is just some guy who's fallen in love with someone that society will shun him for.
    No-one's ever dated someone that someone else has disagreed with?
    Its really NOT the same, paedophilic relationships arent the same as other consensual sexual relationships by definition. 9 times out of 10 they involve abuse, and at the very least a high level of coercion. Usually it fucks the abused person up for a very long time. The thing about this piece is it was not written by a paedophile - it was written from the POSSIBLE perspective of a paedophile - its fiction. shes basically just written something that could be describing anyones love, and then tried to make it cutting edge and disturbing by saying oh its a paedophile writing about a child - well to me theres nothing there that suggests its subject is a child.
    I cant believe im having to try and explain to someone why paedophilia is wrong. Im sure theres a few people on this site who could explain to you very carefully about how some paedophile has fucked up their life - oh no actually, the main one im thinking of commited suicide last year, sorry he cant tell you now:rolleyes:
  • Options
    well like i said before you really have to read the whole thing before you can pick up on the references to peadophilia, the 'hide and seek' and 'tree enchanted forest boy' comments being just a couple of them. Its not a sick and sordid piece of writing, it is supposed to create a different view point, that of the peadophile's, rather than portraying peadophilia as one of the most tragic and destroying things in the world. Her work is very twisted and she doesnt say things outright. Its not a factor that you're supposed to be able to pick up on, you will only know these things if you've read interviews with her, or seen her talk about her work or read about her history. There's practically a hidden meaning to every phrase.

It would help if you read up on Sarah Kane aswell if you were interested, because it will give you an insight into her life and her work, and you'll come to understand why her writing is so dark and most importantly suggestive.

I just thought it was a beautiful piece of writing on love, in whatever form (not denying the fact that peadophilia is the most tragic and life destroying act ever), which people would be interested to read.
  • Options
    I did actually try and look her up on the internet, but couldnt actually find much about her, I am quite interested. from what i can gather, she was actually abused herself, she seems pretty mixed up, but then again, arent most geniuses? I realise its hard to get it in context from that passage, and thats why i tried to look it up, but my first reaction when you said about it beng a paedophiles thoughts, were anger that someone is trying to normalise paedophiles, although i can accept that a lot of abusive relationships do involve love somewhere,along the line, thats why it can be hard for people in abusive relationships to break free.
  • Options
    yeh no you're totally right.

I've tried looking for a copy of her scripts for you on the net but i never could find anything. Just snippits of some of the lines.

It is very disturbing to see how she tried to make this guy's love look normal, but thats what she does in most of her plays. She wrote a play called skin, or skinhead or something, making racism look normal. But you're right, she was abused and what not throughout her whole life. tried to top herself quite a few times before being succesful.

anyway me and Jaz are going to wash the car (as you know) so im going to get off. sorry i couldnt go into detail, but im having two conversations with you here as it is! lol. In a bitch lovey x