Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

In what situation...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...did your partner tell you that he or she loved you? For example, did he or she write 'I love you' in the sand at a beach and told you that he or she loved you whilst holding hands during a summer sunset, during which the sea came in and washed the message away? Or perhaps he or she started to cry in bed whilst all snuggled up and told you that he or she loved you? Or may be he or she unromantically brought it up into the conversation? Come on - tell us all the details! :D

Comments

• Options
    When i get a partner, I'll tell you :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    My boyfriend was in hospital with what we thought was horrible tonsilitis (but later turned out to be glandular fever, which I'd given him - oops! :blush: ), and I'd gone to see him. He seemed really happy to see me and in spite of being ill he was cheerful all the way through my visit, and when I was getting up to leave I kissed him goodbye and he grabbed me back again before I could go and whispered 'I love you' in my ear.

Aaah, it was so incredible to hear it! :) Hospitals ain't exactly romantic settings, but it was lovely nonetheless.
  • Options
    my ex only ever used to tell me that he loved me when he was horny. thinking about it thats probobly why he's my ex lol:p
  • Options
    My current man told me whilst we were in Amsterdam & he thought I was asleep :lol:
    How embarrassed was he? :D
  • Options
    with my ex boy it was just after i'd done something rather stupid to myself. He came to the hosp and said he loved me and couldn't handle it if i ever left him and tried to make me promise i'd never do it again. I know he meant it.
    I just wish he would had promised me the same
  • Options
    Through a drunken text message at about half midnight after we'd been going out for about 7 months. Then a couple of days later when he said it at the end of a phone call I was so shocked I just mumbled bye and put the phone down! I then felt a bit guilty about that, so I texted him back apologising and saying I loved him too.

It's now become one of those end of phonecalls/ messenger convo phrases though....
  • Options
    she said it it to me after i sang a song to her,
    we was at a mates and me and my mate was chattin about the band dire straites, so he put their album on, and when it got to the song romeo and juilette, i turned to my girlfriend at the time, and sang it to her, and right after my last words in the song she smiled wiv her eyes so bright and told me "awww im so inlove with you"
    shame she didnt mean it cheatin bitch :-P

i 1st said it to her when we was falling asleep on her couch she was asleep i sware, and i was just laying there with her my arms wrapped around her and just whispered into her ear, if doubt she heard it that time coz she was prob alseep but it was the 1st time i said it to her.

Later Dayz
  • Options
    The first time he told me that he loved me, we were sitting at a bench by the sea! We knew each other for a year and a half, but we were together for only 4 days! So he told me "I love you" and I replied... "Me too... I think" :blush:
    After a few days... I could say it more easily! :)
  • Options
    when we had an arguement outside the skatepark cus she said she was gonna come round my house, then forgot and invited her mate round hers

we argued and i said thats well shit, i got called possesive, we then realised we didn't wanna argue and made up

she then said 'it was then i realised i love you'

but obviously she doesn't love me and never did, other than

as a FRIEND PPPPPPPPBBBBBBHHHHHHHRRRRRR