Home› Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

confused....again!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im going to just paste it in from my livejournal because i think its explained in the best way it can be on there....james is an ex of mine...we broke up in march

spent 2 hours with James this evening. we were layed on the grass by the river. had to keep moving tho because of the sun lol the shadows kept catchin up..dammit! he was being so lovely, we just chatted for a while and then were sorta flirting...like i was layed on my front and he kinda kneed me so i kicked him (playfully of course) and we were play fighting. we just layed next to each other talkin but he had hold of both my hands and one leg over me. i threw grass at him and he said 'if you do that again its going down your trousers' lol so of course i did it again and true to his word...he put a handful of it down my knickers. then i was sat up and he was layed with his head in my lap for at least 45 mins...the had his arms round the back of me stroking the bottom of my back, just was being so so nice. and we just chatted the whole time. got back to the play fighting and he picked me up and threatened to throw me in the river but i laughed and squealed so he hung me upside down and span me round until he got dizzy and colapsed with his legs all in mine and we both just layed laughin on the floor. then he got up to move our things closer to us and came back and layed with his head on my tummy holding my hand kinda. i sat up and he moved to get his shoes on and then came and sat behind me with one leg either side of me really close and had his arms round me restin his head on my back...he said it was cos he was cold and i was warm. i thought id got over these feelings for him but they came rushing back today and when he left me to go his way home and i went mine i just wanted to kiss him...i didnt because i dont wana ruin this all but i felt like i really wanted to.
he text me just as i got home sayin 'hey short stuff...made it home yet? was nice to c u again properly :) wat u up 2 now? *mwah*' hes not put *mwah* since we were sorta together. and then after i had dinner i came on msn and he was on and he was being so lovely sayin i made him happy and givin me kisses (i know its only on msn but hes not done it for a long time now) and stuff. ah man! mixed signals! soooo confused! i said it was nice to c him again for a lenght of time instead of like 20 mins or wat ever walk from skool and his exact words in reply were 'was very niec to see u agian properly' (cut and pasted from the convo' he said he wud come down for an hour but it was 2 hours b4 i got home again and he said 'well was intending to come down for hour but was hain fun' argh! i duno now!!!! mixed damn signals! nooooooooo!

sorry its long, but it was hard to get down in writting.
my question is...what do you think of how he was acting? honestly do you think it was just him being matey? any replies will be greatfully recieved :)

Comments

• Options
    Im not really a pro at hard situations like this but this has happened to me twice. So from my experiences with mixed signals are that one of the guys wanted to get back together and the other guy just wanted to make his girlfriend jealous by telling her that me and him almost got back together. What a messed up life i got huh?? lol but from what it sounds like he was doing, it sounds to me like hes interested. Why wud he make up an excuse to cuddle with you? Why wud he start saying cute little things that only he said when you two were sorta together? I think this guy must be falling for you cuz i dont think a mate wud do that unless he has bad intentions and this guy sounds awesome. I got a question- when you two broke up- did u part on bad terms?? u dont have to answer this if u dont wanna but im wondering why you two broke up?? i think that if i were in your situation, i wouldnt totaly persue it, i would just kinda wait and in a way be open to what would happen. Who knows what hes thinking cuz he could have either good intentions and want to get back with you or have bad intentions and try to get back at you or something. I dunno, just be a little cautious unless he shows more interest(like if he tries to kiss you) but i would probably ask him why hes being all affectionate all of a sudden. Were you two friends when u broke up?? sorry im asking so many questions...its just hard for me to really help out when im not sure what the little details are. I think it totally depends on the guy and if i knew like if u two parted on bad terms and stuff like that, it wud be easier to help ya out. But keep me posted on what happens. pm me if u want to.
  • Options
    Ok, this is exactly what happened with my girlfriend. We had split up, and at the time I was kind of going out with her best friend (long story) and anyway, I still had feelings for her. Which is why we were talking, and we are younger so a bit more naive, but like we were laying just looking at each other then we were playing because she stood over me and was dropping sweets into my mouth (well, she took a bite first) and it was exactly like you jus described. We both had really strong feelings for each other and that was the only way we could communicate those feelings. We are back together now :D:D

I say he likes you if he is acting like that. If he doesn't then he is seriously leading you on! Good luck hunny!! *hugs*
  • Options
    when we broke up.....he said he cared for me hugly but he just didnt think he fancied me anymore. we stopped talking for about 4 days (well i stopped talking to him) and then he made the effort to wave to me at school one day and we've been really good mates again since then.
    we argue sometimes but he said he thinks its because we are so alike in lots of ways so we sort of clash but its good because it clears the air...we both speak our minds
    but we werent really on bad terms that we broke up because we stayed close.

since i posted last nite ive been textin him and he said 'well i do know we have fun together so we will have to do stuff again :)! and who knows what may happen..;)..:D..lol!xxx'

so what do you think?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    so what do you think?!

Sounds great hunay :D
  • Options
    so what do you think?!
    I agree with ShyBoy. It sounds like he wants you back. Maybe while you two have been apart, he's been thinking and has decided that he did fancy you after all?

Good luck with it whatever you decide to do, but to me (being the world relationship expert that I am :) ) it sounds like he wants to try again.
  • Options
    the thing is; sometimes things get on your nerves and you think you don't want to be with that person. but as soon asd they are gone you realise what a stupid thing it was and you want them back because you remember all the good things.

I guess that's why they say being in love is knowing all of someones faults but accepting them :)
  • Options
    you seem pretty sure he wants me...what if hes just being matey? the ;) and lol at the end of the message he sent me (the one i said in my last post) make it sound like he was joking around dont u think?

i dont know wat to do! part of me wants to belive u all but part of me just doesnt want to get my hopes up
  • Options
    I can see what you're getting at.

OK, how's this for an idea:

**dramatic drum roll**
    Ask him
    **waits for the drama to catch up**

It can just be on MSN if you prefer, but ask him if he wants to get back with you, because he (and all of us too) gave you the impression that he did.
  • Options
    *sigh* i want to ask him but oh i duno! this sort of happened before and i was wrong....he picked me up late from my friends how because i was upset and i didnt want to stay and then the next day came to mine and we were layed together on my sofa watchin tele and i thought he liked me again then but he didnt, wen i asked him he made it clear he only liked me as a friend.....but it feels different now i cant really explain...its just the way he was stroking the bottom of my back and the hugging me....oh i dont know :crying:
  • Options
    he knows i like him, well that im confused about it but what if i push it by askin him whats going on and ruin it?!
  • Options
    ok.....need more help......yes or no answers are all i need but feel free to say more.....do i tell him or not? or just see how it goes...carry on flirting and let him make the next step?
  • Options
    ok.....i just text him sayin 'i know i will regret asking u this but do u know how u feel about me? and why so lovely and close the other day? (not a bad thing)xxx'

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
  • Options
    I think that's the right thing to do, because he's been so sweet to you and from what I can tell, he fancies you and probably wants you back. Good luck! I really hope the reply's positive! :)

Just be prepared for him to say no - it could be that he does like you, but doesn't want to do anything about it for one reason or another, so the flirting could just be empty. So be prepared.

But I don't think it can just be empty, I'm sure it'll work out! :D
  • Options
    hey perfect day....i think you've replied to my post in anything goes so i guess you will know that he doesnt seem to like me and hes like that with everyone
  • Options
    hey perfect day....i think you've replied to my post in anything goes so i guess you will know that he doesnt seem to like me and hes like that with everyone
    Yeah, I'm sorry for encouraging you to think otherwise! Cheer up and even more huge hugs :) x